While backyard hammocks are divided into two main groups – the single and the double, there are many other features needed considering thoroughly. If you want to take your relaxing moments to the next level, don’t overlook this list of the best hammocks for backyard.
Here are the best hammocks for backyard you can buy in 2021:
- Best For Larger-Framed People (Single Hammock): INNO STAGE Brazilian Hammock Canvas Hammock
- Sturdiest - Single Hammock (Single Hammock): ALL NAHLO Cotton Single Hammock
- Fade-Proof (Single Hammock): Yellow Leaf Hammocks
- Ultra-Lightweight (Double Hammock): Kootek Camping Hammock
- Most Durable (Double Hammock): Best Choice Products 2-Person Woven Cotton Rope Double Hammock
- Quick Dry (Double Hammock): Patio Watcher 14 FT Quick Dry Hammock
|6 Best Hammocks For Backyard|
Best For Larger-Framed People
|INNO STAGE Brazilian Hammock Canvas Hammock|
Sturdiest - Single Hammock
|ALL NAHLO Cotton Single Hammock|
|Yellow Leaf Hammocks|
|Kootek Camping Hammock|
|Best Choice Products 2-Person Woven Cotton Rope Double Hammock|
|Patio Watcher 14 FT Quick Dry Hammock|
Best For Larger-Framed People (Single Hammock): INNO STAGE Brazilian Hammock Canvas Hammock
- Ideal for larger-framed people – extended length and width
- Extra comfort and safety –
- Strong and reliable - a heavy-duty cotton fabric with the swaying motion of the uniquely-woven 350-gram rope
- Easy to bring around – include a carrying bag
- Tree straps or hooks aren’t included
Speaking of the most comfortable hammock for backyard, we really like the INNO STAGE Brazilian. Unlike other single hammocks, its extended length and width can completely fit a larger-framed user up to 6’5” in height.
For extra comfort, its shape is cocoon-inspired that also keeps you both relaxing and safe.
Its heavy-duty cotton fabric with the swaying motion of the uniquely-woven 350-gram rope, meanwhile, can hold up well the max loading weight of 450 pounds.
A bonus is that it is packable into a compact carrying bag so that you can easily bring it around.
|INNO STAGE Brazilian Hammock Canvas Hammock Specifications|
10.984 inches x 6.102 inches x 5.354 inches
extended length and width
a heavy-duty cotton fabric with the swaying motion of the uniquely-woven 350-gram rope
include a carrying bag
Designed with your comfort in mind, the INNO STAGE Brazilian Hammock Canvas Hammock features extended dimensions that can even fit larger-framed people.
Sturdiest - Single Hammock (Single Hammock): ALL NAHLO Cotton Single Hammock
- Unique – 100% handmade by local Mexican artists
- Very sturdy and long-lasting – made of cotton rope & the product is under the manufacturer’s guarantee
- Elegant and versatile
- Only recommended for small or short people
This hammock is part of the Saul Collection, which is 100% handmade by Saul – a Mexican artist, and his family.
Though this is handmade stuff, the price is just 1/3 of other counterparts. Not to say that each purchase will help take local artists out of unemployment.
Rest assured that the hammock that you’ll receive is very sturdy. It is crafted of soft and comfy cotton rope that can hold up well a max loading weight of 260 pounds. If properly maintained, this hammock can last a lifetime and ALL NAHLO guarantees that they do last by giving a full refund if you aren’t satisfied with it.
Compared to other hammocks, this one is really lightweight and its elegant design can match various backyard décor styles.
|ALL NAHLO Cotton Single Hammock Specifications|
10.5 x 7.5 x 5.5 inches
100% handmade by local Mexican artists
made of cotton rope & the product is under the manufacturer’s guarantee
As 100% handmade by experienced artists, the ALL NAHLO Cotton Single Hammock is the sturdiest option in our review list.
Fade-Proof (Single Hammock): Yellow Leaf Hammocks
- Fade-proof and can be left outdoors – made of UV-resistant and weatherproof acrylic material
- Deliver extreme comfort – designed to contour each body curve of the user
- Easy for travel or storage – weightless design
- No hanging instructions
- A bit costly
While most hammocks we’ve tested are perfect for backyard, they’re usually not durable enough to be left outside. But this one is an exception.
It is made of UV-resistant and weatherproof acrylic material while each handwoven has over 150K interwoven loops. That also means it is good at fade-proofing to last for years to come.
The whole design is specifically designed to contour each body curve of yours for extreme comfort like you’re lying on a back massage machine.
Its weightless design is another bonus, which comes in handy for travel or storage.
|Yellow Leaf Hammocks Specifications|
10 x 6 x 6 inches
made of UV-resistant and weatherproof acrylic material
designed to contour each body curve of the user
Being one of the rare hammocks made of UV-resistant and weatherproof material, the Yellow Leaf Hammock is very good at fade-proofing.
Ultra-Lightweight (Double Hammock): Kootek Camping Hammock
- Incredibly lightweight yet durable – made of dirt-resistant, anti-tearing, and anti-fraying 210T parachute nylon fabric
- Fit specific heights and comfort levels – adjustable 18+1 loops and several 10’ long straps
- Eco-friendly and effortless design - no damaging trees or knot-tying requirement
- Not heat-resistant
- The fabric feels a bit thin
While cotton ropes are soft and comfortable, they’re hefty compared to other materials. If your preference is something weightless and easy to pack, this 210T parachute nylon hammock is worth considering.
Don’t let its incredible lightness fool you! This fabric is dirt-resistant, anti-tearing, and anti-fraying very well. It also dries out fast and durable (its weight capacity is 500 pounds).
Besides, it comes with 18+1 loops and several 10’ long straps that are adjustable to custom-fit specific heights as well as comfort levels.
The best part is no damaging trees or knot-tying requirement.
|Kootek Camping Hammock Specifications|
11.65 x 7.8 x 4.88 inches
made of dirt-resistant, anti-tearing, and anti-fraying 210T parachute nylon fabric
adjustable 18+1 loops and several 10’ long straps
no damaging trees or knot-tying requirement
For those people who intend to use their hammock not only for backyard but also for travel or camping, the Kootek Camping Hammock is a shining contender. It’s very lightweight!
Most Durable (Double Hammock): Best Choice Products 2-Person Woven Cotton Rope Double Hammock
- Built to last - made of 900’ extra-thick twisted cotton
- Good air ventilation - tight “eye” weave pattern
- Easy packing or storage – a carrying bag
- Not suitable for kids - The holes in the ropes are big
This one feels a lot thicker and more reliable than the previous option. It is made of 900’ extra-thick twisted cotton with reinforced metal rings and hardwood spreader bars finish that offer not only extra comfort but also durability enhancement.
The unique tight “eye” weave pattern is also good at air ventilation and blood circulation improves.
A bonus is the additional carrying case with handles for easy storage and packing.
|Best Choice Products 2-Person Woven Cotton Rope Double Hammock Specifications|
60 inches x 5 inches x 5 inches
made of 900’ extra-thick twisted cotton
tight “eye” weave pattern
a carrying bag
Looking for the most durable double hammock for backyard? The Best Choice Products 2-Person Woven Cotton Rope Double Hammock is worth a try!
Quick Dry (Double Hammock): Patio Watcher 14 FT Quick Dry Hammock
- Soft, oil-proof, and breathable – made of Textilene material with a vinyl coating
- Rugged and durable – the chain-link structure, metal rings, and super-thick ropes
- Dry out quickly
- The chains need to be a bit longer to fit the stand
The Patio Watcher 14 FT Quick Dry Hammock gives us the most comfortable feel when lying on. It is soft, oil-proof, and breathable.
Furthermore, it’s durable and heavy-duty, thanks to Textilene material with a vinyl coating. While each rope is super-thick, 20 ropes are woven into a triangle pattern then attached to a metal ring to create a chain-link design.
This sturdy construction allows it to bear a 450-pound weight capacity. Another benefit of this fabric is quick-drying after being wet, which is great for travel or frequent use.
Plus, your purchase is under the manufacturer’s 100% satisfaction guarantee so, rest assured that you’ll get the highest satisfaction from this purchase.
|Patio Watcher 14 FT Quick Dry Hammock Specifications|
56.1 x 6.8 x 3.5 inches
made of Textilene material with a vinyl coating
the chain-link structure, metal rings, and super-thick ropes
Out of a bunch, the Patio Watcher 14 FT Quick Dry Hammock impressed us by its unbeatable quick-drying capability. For backyard, camping, travel, or other outdoor activities, it’s the best option
How To Choose The Best Hammock For Backyard?
When choosing a hammock for backyard, there are various types to consider. Each of them is specifically created for certain purposes. For example:
- Spreader bar: featuring a pair of wooden bars at either end to keep the fabric tight. This type lets you lie flat but may flip easily.
- Classic: these hammocks look like the traditional one, making it the easiest and most comfortable to use.
- Tree: this type is suitable if you have one or two trees that you want to tie the hammock to. When you want to. You can tie one end of your hammock to a tree and work with the other end.
- Swing chair: this type is more suitable to be used indoors, offering a very comfortable experience like sitting on a hammock.
- Chair: chair hammocks are like swing chairs but much more comfortable. Basically, they are a fabric seat featuring a wooden top bar. This type of hammock offers more stability and is less likely to flip.
- Hanging chaise lounge: on these hammocks, you can sit upright and stretch your legs.
- Portable: also called camping hammocks, this type is great for taking on the go. It can be made of nylon or other breathable materials.
Another factor to take into account is the weight capacity as you need your hammock to actually lift you up, not collapse.
Most existing hammocks can hold as much as 450 pounds at one time, but you can find models with a weight capacity of 1,500 pounds, which is perfect for more than one user.
The material of a hammock can make a big difference in how it performs in real life. A weave rope hammock is made from cotton or polyester, suitable for warmer weather as they can keep cool and are not as sticky as other materials.
On the other hand, it offers great durability, which is suitable for colder conditions. It also adds beauty to your yard.
Subrella is another popular material for making hammocks as it is fade-resistant and weatherproof.
If you often travel and want to bring the hammock along, you will like a portable model. In this case, the hammock should be easy to roll up, store, and carry around.
Which Brands Make The Best Hammock For Backyard?
This brand offers a range of hammocks with different styles and colors for different types of users. Here, you will surely find the perfect model for your use.
Created to improve your adventures, this brand designs and makes handmade products for users. If you want a hammock that can be used in your backyard and on the go, this is the go-to brand for you.
Yellow Leaf Hammocks
Founded in 2011, this company has had almost a decade of experience in the industry. It offers high-quality, durable, lightweight, and comfortable hammocks for you.
Best Choice Products
If you are an online shopper, you should try this brand, a leading online retailer in the world. It takes pride in its diversity of products.
How to sleep in a hammock properly?
There are a few things you should remember to sleep properly in a hammock:
- Put a blanket and pillow in the hammock.
- Use a tarp to protect yourself from the wind and rain.
- Put a pillow under your knees for back protection.
- Wrap yourself in the hammock to stay warm.
Can a hammock be left outside?
Yes, you can. But you should store it indoors during the winter.
Is cotton or polyester better for a hammock?
It depends on your preference. Cotton and polyester have their own pros:
- Cotton: lightweight, cool, easy to wash, breathable, and flexible.
- Polyester: durable, hard to fade, quick to dry, and strong.
Can hammocks get rained on?
Yes, they can get rained on and get wet.
Is a hammock good for your back?
Sleeping on hammock forces you to lie on your back, which can help lower the pressure on the spine, making it good for those with back pain.
We hope that this post has made it easier for you to find the perfect hammock. Remember that there are several factors that make the best hammocks for backyard, and you must include all of them in your consideration.