After finding out the right hammock for your needs, what’s next?
It’s the hammock stand.
If your favorite is a wooden one but don’t know how to choose the right one for your needs, congrats, you are in the right place. In this post, we’re going to give you not just the best wooden hammock stands out there but also how to pick a good one. Read on!
Here are the best wooden hammock stands you can buy in 2023:
- Best Overall: Lazy Daze Hammocks 10 Foot Hammock Stand
- Best For Average-Sized People: ONCLOUD 14 ft Wood Hammock Stand
- Best For Feavy People: Lazy Daze Hammocks Deluxe Wooden Arc Frame Hammock Swing Chair Stand
- Most Durable: Algoma Net 15 Foot Wood Arc Stand
|4 Best Wooden Hammock Stands|
|Lazy Daze Hammocks 10 Foot Hammock Stand|
Best For Average-Sized People
|ONCLOUD 14 ft Wood Hammock Stand|
Best For Feavy People
|Lazy Daze Hammocks Deluxe Wooden Arc Frame Hammock Swing Chair Stand|
|Algoma Net 15 Foot Wood Arc Stand|
Best Overall: Lazy Daze Hammocks 10 Foot Hammock Stand
- Look elegant and luxurious - 100% Russian pine with outer varnish coating
- Versatile – fit all hammocks
- Sturdy and durable – a 450-pound weight capacity
- Easy to install – include all tools and hardware
Of all the wooden hammock stand we’ve tested, Lazy Daze 10 Foot gains the highest overall scoring.
It is made of 100% Russian pine with outer varnish coating for fade-resistant properties. Easy to see, this elegant and deluxe product will be a great accent in your outdoor space, such as deck or backyard.
The dimensions of 10.6’ x 3.84’ x 3.84’ makes it versatile enough to fit all hammocks.
Meanwhile, its sturdy construction (featuring a 450-pound capacity) is suitable for most people, even the heavy ones. The installation process isn’t a thing at all. As including all tools and hardware, it is easily assembled/disassembled for storing or transporting if wanted.
|Lazy Daze Hammocks 10 Foot Hammock Stand Specifications|
127.2 x 46.08 x 46.08 inches
Russian pine coated with varnish
100% Russian pine with outer varnish coating; a 450-pound weight capacity; include all Tools and hardware
Designed with aesthetics, durability, versatility, and affordability in mind, we find no reasons to not pick Lazy Daze Hammocks 10 Foot as the best overall performer for this list.
Best For Average-Sized People: ONCLOUD 14 ft Wood Hammock Stand
- Allow you to stretch out with the highest comfort – able to fit spreader bar hammocks from 11.5’ to 13.5’ long
- High endurance – a 400-pound weight capacity
- The varnish could be higher quality
The ONCLOUD 14 ft. Wood Hammock Stand is the most sought-after option for average-sized people.
Made entirely from imported Russian pine wood layered with varnish, it stands out for superior durability, ease of cleaning, and beauty.
It is measured by 14.76’ x 3.87’ x 4.8’ in conjunction with a max loading weight of 400 pounds. It has curved arc frame to capably pair with most spreader bar hammocks from 11.5’ to 13.5’ long.
Such roomy proportion allows you to stretch out just like your hammock is hung between trees, giving the maximum relaxation.
Just like other counterparts, this hammock stand requires assembly, however, it’s not a real matter because all the needed tools and hardware for installation is included in the package.
|ONCLOUD 14 ft Wood Hammock Stand Specifications|
14.76 ft (L) x 3.87 ft (W) x 4.8 ft(H).
100% Russian pinewood coated with varnish
Able to fit spreader bar hammocks from 11.5’ to 13.5’ long; a 400-pound weight capacity
If you’re looking for the best wooden hammock stand for average-sized people, this is a great choice.
Best For Feavy People: Lazy Daze Hammocks Deluxe Wooden Arc Frame Hammock Swing Chair Stand
- Ideal for outdoor spaces – stylish swing chair stand design
- Able to handle heavy loading weight – a capacity of 450 pounds
- Allow for swinging freely
- Chains, S hooks, and hammock chair aren’t included
- Really heavy
This wooden hammock stand is a little bit different from other options here because it’s built to fit double-person hammock chairs with a maximum weight capacity of 450 pounds.
Dimensions are 77’’ x 58’’ x 79’’.
The biggest selling points of this unique design are 1) you freely swing on it and 2) it is definitely a great décor item in your outdoor space, such as backyard, patio, or garden.
The elegant and natural-looking Russian pine hardwood frame will easily blend to your space, regardless of its decorating styles. Besides, it is coated with varnish for higher durability and low-maintenance so you can rest assured more to leave it outdoors.
|Lazy Daze Hammocks Deluxe Wooden Arc Frame Hammock Swing Chair Stand Specifications|
77’’L x 58’’W x 79’’H
heavy duty Russian Pine Hardwood
Stylish swing chair stand design; capacity of 450 pounds
We highly recommend this wooden hammock stand for those who would like to add some romance or a resting spot in their outdoor space. It’s also perfect for heavy people as well.
Most Durable: Algoma Net 15 Foot Wood Arc Stand
- Durable – carefully sealed stand & Russian pine wood construction
- Heavy-duty and strong – 450 pounds of weight capacity
- Wish there were wheels for easy maneuverability
- A bit expensive
If durability is your top priority when looking for a wooden hammock stand, the Algoma Net 15 Foot is worth a try.
It highlights sturdy and sculptural arc design which absolutely adds to your yard’s landscape some regality and elegance.
We also find the stand to fit most spreader bar hammocks and allow for plenty of swinging (if that’s also what you’re finding). The best part is its carefully sealed stand for highest protection against outdoor impact, extending its longevity significantly.
|Algoma Net 15 Foot Wood Arc Stand Specifications|
83 x 15.4 x 6.75 inches
Carefully sealed stand & Russian pine wood construction; 450 pounds of weight capacity
The Algoma Net 15 Foot Wood Arc Stand is built for durability with a design that has helped it maintain its Editors' Choice status for years now.
How To Choose The Best Wooden Hammock Stand?
The wood materials used for making hammock stand must be:
- Strong – to hold up the entire product weight and your body weight while you’re swinging
- Impact-resistant – especially if you intend to place it outdoors
- Beautiful color – for styling and aesthetics
Besides, it shouldn’t be too heavy so that you can move it around or set it up more easily. And if its cost is budget-friendly, that’s perfect!
Russian Pine Wood
Considering all that requirements, we find Russian pine wood to fits nicely the bill.
This material is also popularly used in furniture making and flooring, known for its high strength, compactness, and beautiful signature reddish color with the darker purple tone. Compared to maple wood which is another strong wooden material, it is a lot lighter and cheaper.
When choosing Russian pine wood hammock stand, you should take note to choose those built with an extra varnish coating on the outside.
Because the wood itself hardly withstands harsh weather conditions, this extra layer will protect them from things like UV rays, discoloration, and more.
But if you don’t like this wooden material, another option that is worth a try is cedar.
There are two main types of cedarwood – Northern white cedar and Eastern red cedar. The biggest differences between them are:
Northern white cedar
Eastern red cedar
A natural dark and light combination (from white to tan to brown)
Red and pink hues (amber, cream, and brown)
(on the Janka hardness scale)
This is considered a naturally beautiful material but important, its oil is insect repellent. That means cedar hammock stand can naturally control moths, ants, and termites. People usually just add a clear coat over it to enhance the wood color.
The best thing is cedar wood is extremely durable.
If exposed to different tough weather conditions, one thing for sure is that it won’t decay, warp, swell, or shrink.
- Wooden hammock stands are commonly able to bear a max loading weight of around 350 to 500 pounds depending on the specific style chosen.
- There are two common styles – single and double.
- The double hammock stands are obviously support more. Some even has a weight capacity up to 550 or 600 pounds.
- When considering this feature, you just need to think about two solid things: How many people there are who will sit on it? The max weight could be?
- Along with weight, hammock stand dimensions are another important thing to keep in mind.
- While the width of most stands is 4’, their length is varied.
- This strait depends on your hammock length so first thing first, measure it. Next, add 2’ to that measurement. For instance, if the length of your hammock is 10’, then your go-to stand should be 12’.
- There are four common size options of stands, including 5’ (usually for chair hammocks), 9.5’, 14.5’, and 15’.
- Bonus: If you miscalculate your hammock length and choose a stand that is beyond 2’ greater, adding some chains between two ends of the hammock is a good solution.
Which Brands Make The Best Wooden Hammock Stand?
While Lazy Daze is one of the most popular brands on Amazon specialized in manufacturing hammock stands, not many buyers know that they don’t have dealers or sale outlets. Why? Because they want to eliminate “middleman” to minimize the cost.
For that reason, their product lines are always highly competitive in both quality and pricing.
Another dependable manufacturer of hammock stands is Algoma Net, with an emphasis on over 100 years’ expertise in the industry. One big bonus of their products are they’re all-American crafted to ensure value, quality, and styling.
How long should a hammock stand be?
It is usually within 5’ to 15’ depending on the length of your hammock. On average, the typical hammock stand is around 9’ to 10’ long with 4’ wide.
Can I leave my hammock stand outside?
We don’t highly recommend you to do that, even if your hammock stand is well-coated with impact- and weather-resistant layering.
Because such layering is just used for light to medium conditions, not the harsh ones like too much sun and UV rays, storms, and snow. If being left outside permanently, it would be worn out, for sure.
Are hammocks bad for your back?
It is safe if you only take occasionally napping in it. Talk to a doctor first if you intend to do it nightly because that might cause poor posture or back pain.
Can hammocks get rained on?
Yes, they can.
But take note that hammocks should be properly dried out afterward to prevent mold and mildew growth.
How do I keep my hammock from spinning?
To prevent your hammock from spinning, after tying it around one of the scale lines one aside, place its stake at the end of around 5’ of paracord then stick it in the ground below your hammock.
We’ve done our best to offer you solid recommendations for the best wooden hammock stand based on whether you’re looking for the best value, for specific users, or one with top-notch durability.
The truth is that the right option for you should match perfectly your demands and budgets.
We hope that the information provided here has been helpful in your search. That’s all for this article and thanks for reading!