When it comes to giving a boost of nutrients to your lawn, there is a long list of products on the market.
If you’re looking around for something easy to use and affordable with great results, the best lawn liquid fertilizer below will help you achieve a lusher and greener lawn in no time.
Here are the best lawn liquid fertilizers:
- Best For Stronger Root: Miracle-Gro 1001502 Liquid All-purpose Plant Food Concentrate
- Best Organic Lawn Liquid Fertilizer: Liquid Kelp Organic Seaweed Extract Fertilizer Concentrate
- Best For Turf Strength: Simple Lawn Solutions Advanced Lawn Food Natural Liquid Fertilizer
- Best For Faster Growth: AeroGarden Liquid Nutrients
- Best For Weed Control: Scotts Liquid Turf Builder with Plus 2 Weed Control Fertilizer
|5 Best Lawn Liquid Fertilizers|
Best For Stronger Root
| Miracle-Gro 1001502 Liquid All-purpose Plant Food Concentrate|
Best Organic Lawn Liquid Fertilizer
| Liquid Kelp Organic Seaweed Extract Fertilizer Concentrate|
Best For Turf Strength
| Simple Lawn Solutions Advanced Lawn Food Natural Liquid Fertilizer|
Best For Faster Growth
| AeroGarden Liquid Nutrients|
Best For Weed Control
| Scotts Liquid Turf Builder with Plus 2 Weed Control Fertilizer|
Best For Stronger Root: Miracle-Gro 1001502 Liquid All-purpose Plant Food Concentrate
- Easy to feed
- Work with any hose-end sprayer
- Deliver instant big beautiful Miracle-Gro results
- Great for houseplants and in the gardens
- Last many watering
- The risk of foliage burning or scorching
- Not ideal for commercial purposes
If you want to grow a lush green lawn in no time or speed up its growth, there is no better choice than the Miracle-Gro 1001502 Liquid All Purpose Plant Food Concentrate.
All you have to do is to mix this food concentrate with water in a watering pot and thoroughly feed the grass by soaking the soil to instantly give your lawn all the essential nutrients for it to flourish.
Another big plus is that this product is compatible with any hose-end sprayers, which means that you will not have to spend your money again buying a new sprayer.
Problems appear when you apply a small portion of Miracle-Gro 1001502 Liquid All Purpose Plant Food Concentrate. Expect the fatal fertilizer burn, which might lead to the foliage burning or scorching!
Also, though the Miracle-Gro 1001502 Liquid All Purpose Plant Food Concentrate can last many many watering, it is not made for commercial purposes.
|Miracle-Gro 1001502 Liquid All-purpose Plant Food Concentrate Specifications|
When to Apply
Feed every 1-2 weeks
Miracle-Gro 1001502 Liquid All-purpose Plant Food Concentrate will deliver fast recovery to any nutrient-deficient lawn.
Best Organic Lawn Liquid Fertilizer: Liquid Kelp Organic Seaweed Extract Fertilizer Concentrate
- Made from the finest Norwegian Ascophyllum Nodosum seaweed
- Help seed germinate and root develop
- Verified by OMRI listings
- Compliant for use in the organic system
- Increase lawn’s resistance to stress caused by any extreme weather conditions
- Bad smell
For the best greenhouse grade fertilizer out there, Liquid Kelp Organic Seaweed Extract Fertilizer which is one of Nature’s ‘Miracle’ plant foods is hard to beat.
Made from the highest-quality Norwegian Ascophyllum Nodosum seaweed, this fertilizer by GS Plant Foods detoxes the soil and helps in the root systems. Also, it stimulates chlorophyll production and stabilization for darker green lawn.
This product is phosphorus-free, so you don’t have to worry about the derogation of the water quality.
The only issue we have with this product is its bad smells. Some gardeners complaint about the smell like rotten eggs.
|Liquid Kelp Organic Seaweed Extract Fertilizer Concentrate Specifications|
When to Apply
In the morning or late afternoon
Liquid Kelp Organic Seaweed Extract Fertilizer Concentrate can be used on any grass types without any risk of hurting kids and pets.
Best For Turf Strength: Simple Lawn Solutions Advanced Lawn Food Natural Liquid Fertilizer
- Natural & safe
- Great for all grass types
- Free of harsh chemicals
- Great for commercial applications
- Easy to apply
- Difficulty taking the lever above the stopper
This Advanced Lawn Liquid Fertilizer by Simple Lawn Solutions is a commercial-grade lawn fertilizer for not only the lateral but also vertical growth of your lawn.
With nitrogen, phosphorus, and potassium balance as well as seaweed & fish, this complete 16-4-8 formula gives the grasses all the key micro and macro nutrition they require for root development and turf strength, as well as overall health. This lawn liquid food provides a fast way to safely nourish your lawn with fantastic results lasting throughout the season.
The reoccuring complaint about this liquid fertilizer by Simple Lawn Solutions is the difficulty taking the lever above the stopper.
|Simple Lawn Solutions Advanced Lawn Food Natural Liquid Fertilizer Specifications|
3,200 square feet
When to Apply
In the morning or late afternoon
Seaweed & Fish contained
Come with a hose-end spray nozzle
Simple Lawn Solutions Advanced Lawn Liquid Fertilizer offers such an awesome boosting formula to help your grass green up quickly and grow healthily.
Best For Faster Growth: AeroGarden Liquid Nutrients
- Provide all the essential nutrients for your lawn
- Ideal for both outdoor and indoor trees and shrubs
- Suitable for all hydroponic applications
- Convenient size
- Does not come with a a pour spout
Next on our list of the best lawn liquid fertilizer is this great versatile formula from AeroGarden that works on not only grass but also indoor plants as well as trees and shrubs. AeroGarden Liquid Nutrients is a lawn nutritional supplement providing key nutrients to any established lawn or treating a newly-grown lawn with NPK deficiencies for start-up and grass growth.
This 4-3-6 liquid spray fertilizer contains 1/4th ammoniacal nitrogen and 3/4th nitrate nitrogen for the quick growth and greening within one week or two.
Apply this fertilizer in the spring to kickstart your lawn’s growth and repeat every two weeks throughout the season. Not only can you witness clear results but they will also last for a few weeks.
It’s disappointing that this product is available in a large jug but does not come with a pour spout that allows users to convey the contents into any smaller-sized dispenser.
|AeroGarden Liquid Nutrients Specifications|
When to Apply
At start-up and every 2 weeks
More than 100 feedings
pH buffering system
AeroGarden Liquid Nutrients will work its magic on both newly-grown lawn and established lawn for faster growth.
Best For Weed Control: Scotts Liquid Turf Builder with Plus 2 Weed Control Fertilizer
- Easy to use
- Kill clover and dandelions as well as other popular lawn weeds
- Quick result
- Leakage in the spraying mechanism
If your lawn is suffering from weed infestation or more yellow grass and fewer lawn clippings are spotted, your lawn is likely to have a nitrogen deficiency. This liquid fertilizer by Scotts is such an ideal option to combat it and helps you treat your property appropriately.
With nitrogen (slow and fast-release nitrogen) being the paramount element, this formula can deliver a quick boost of nitrogen for long-term improvement while excellently controlling weeds including ground ivy, clover, and dandelion as well as other lawn weeds.
Though Scotts Liquid Turf Builder with Plus 2 Weed Control Fertilizer can treat a specified southern lawn of up to 6,000 square feet, users are not happy with the leakage in the spraying mechanism.
|Scotts Liquid Turf Builder with Plus 2 Weed Control Fertilizer Specifications|
32 fl. oz.
6,000 sq. ft.
When to Apply
Start when weeds are actively growing and repeat application in about from 3 to 4 weeks
Scotts Liquid Turf Builder with Plus 2 Weed Control Fertilizer can work on any types of weeds ensuring the growth of your lawn.
How To Choose The Best Lawn Liquid Fertilizers?
- The type of fertilizer you’ll be using on your lawn should depend on it size. If you have an immense lawn, there is no better choice than liquid applications. It takes way less time to accomplish the spreading process than any other techniques, especially if you spray with the help of a motorized vehicle.
- You can also simply attach the liquid lawn food bottle to a multi-purpose hose-end sprayer to feed a large area of land without much hassle.
- However, if you have a small-sized lawn, there is no need to use liquid lawn food as over-fertilization can lead to the derogation of the soil quality.
- And to get the greatest results; follow the usage guide printed on every fertilizer label.
- Fertilizers are basically a blend of 3 main nutrients including phosphate, potassium, and nitrogen that your lawn need to grow.
- The first number in the fertilizer analysis represents the nitrogen percentage in the bottle/bag. The second number shows the phosphorus percentage in the product. And the last number indicates the potassium percentage in the mix.
- Nitrogen helps in turf growth and greenness while phosphorus increases root growth and potassium encourages grass to absorb nitrogen.
Which Brands Make The Best Lawn Liquid Fertilizers?
Simple Lawn Solutions
- With over 25 years of experience in the commercial-grade turf-building industry, Simple Lawn Solutions ensure the right way to nourish your property to health. This American family-owned brand provides every homeowner with first-class lawn care products to bring their gorgeously green yards to the optimal life.
- Scotts has been helping gardeners grow great things for over 150 years. Developing from a local general store to the leading manufacturer in garden, lawn, and hydroponics in North America, Scotts offers all products you need to keep your property lush and healthy all year long.
GS Plant Foods
- This Florida-headquartered brand has been gaining its reputation for its 100% organic lawn food. With all products made from the finest ingredients available, GS Plant Foods meets the general lawn care requirements of homeowners and hobbyist gardeners.
Are liquid fertilizer harmful to kids or pets?
It is safe to use the liquid fertilizer on the lawn, but allow from 24 to 48 hours before kids, pets, and pregnant women walk on your property. Make sure that they will stay off the lawn after you’ve applied the synthetic fertilizer until it gets completely dry after a good watering.
Should you water after liquid fertilizer is applied?
Make sure to deeply water the soil several days before applying liquid fertilizer. And, right after applying, immediately water to get rid off any fertilizer granules.
How often and how much should I apply fertilizer?
The side of your fertilizer bottle will tell you how often you should use the fertilizer as well as the rate of fertilizer each time you apply it to your lawn.
For example, during the growing season, you should apply water-soluble fertilizers every ten to fourteen days. Meanwhile, granular fertilizers require application about every 6 to 8 weeks.
Is it possible to add excess fertilizer?
As fertilizer has high percentage of salts that can easily dry out the plant tissue, over-fertilization can lead to a high salt concentration which can alter the soil, hurt beneficial microbial species, and damage roots. Excess fertilizer is likely to increase the chance of your plants growing suddenly with an inadequate root system to supply your greens with a sufficient amount of water and nutrients.
Also note that too much fertilizer added can be leached into the groundwater, thus being bad for our environment.
When to apply liquid lawn fertilizer?
The best time to apply the liquid fertilizer should depend on the type of fertilizer you will be using. Usually, you can follow some general guidelines or detailed instructions printed on the label of the fertilizer.
Gardeners should apply liquid fertilizers right after mowing the first grass flush from the soil. In July and August, avoid applying organic fertilizer at the plants and soil.
Rather than serving as a natural filter for a suburban area, an eye-catching lawn, which enhances your home’s décor and adds titsits value is a dream of every single homeowner. The best lawn liquid fertilizer above will help you easily achieve your dream.