There are only two types of people on Earth – ones that love to relax indoors and ones that love relax outdoors.
If you fall into the second type, this post is definitely a perfect landing page – discussing the most comfortable outdoor lounge chairs.
Here are the most comfortable outdoor lounge chairs you can buy in 2021:
- Best Overall: Christopher Knight Home 294919
- Best For Heavier People: Devoko Patio Chaise Lounge Sets
- Best For Balcony: Homall 3 Pieces Patio Chaise Lounge Chair
- Best For Poolside Deco: Kozyard Cozy Aluminum Lounge Chair
- Best For Long Summer Days: Kozyard Maya Outdoor Chaise Lounge Chair
- Sturdiest: Outdoor Wicker Recliner Chair
|Top 6 Most Comfortable Outdoor Lounge Chairs|
|Christopher Knight Home 294919||Read Our Review|
Best For Heavier People
|Devoko Patio Chaise Lounge Sets||Read Our Review|
Best For Balcony
|Homall 3 Pieces Patio Chaise Lounge Chair||Read Our Review|
Best For Poolside Deco
|Kozyard Cozy Aluminum Lounge Chair||Read Our Review|
Best For Long Summer Days
|Kozyard Maya Outdoor Chaise Lounge Chair||Read Our Review|
|Outdoor Wicker Recliner Chair||Read Our Review|
Best Overall: Christopher Knight Home 294919
- Bang for bucks – come in a set of two lounge chairs
- Easy and simple to use – no installation required
- Space-saving for storage – stackable design
- Not adjusted to an upright position for reading
- A bit heavy
We’d like to start with this lounge chair from Christopher Knight Home, which is also the best overall performer.
It comes in a set of two that can be stacked together when not in use. They’re both made of high-quality, soft and smooth cushions that are comfy and contour nicely to the body. However, you’re still allowed to lay down on your stomach for even tanning.
One thing that we really love is even though these lounges have some metal parts, they aren’t rustic under outdoor impacts.
Another bonus is no installation required.
All you need to do is taking them out of the giant box and sit in them.
|Christopher Knight Home 294919 Specifications|
80.8 x 29.5 x 11 inches
Durable PE wicker with Sturdy aluminum frame
NO ASSEMBLY REQUIRED
If you’re seeking a set of two comfy outdoor lounge chairs without requiring installation, this Editor’s Best Overall Choice winner delivers.
Best For Heavier People: Devoko Patio Chaise Lounge Sets
- Ideal for heavy people – the weight capacity is 350 pounds
- Versatile – adjustable back
- Easy to maneuver – made of lightweight rattan material
- The cushions are a bit thin
Made of lightweight rattan material and featuring an adjustable back, this chaise lounge chair is much more versatile than the 1st option.
You can use it in the garden, poolside, balcony, backyard, or patio for reading, tanning, relaxing, or resting after swimming. The minimal yet elegant looking easily fulfills the purpose to decorate your outdoor space.
The best thing is contrasting to its maneuverable construction, this chair is super-solid and sturdy that can hold up well a max load of 350 pounds.
It is backed by a 12-month worry-free guarantee for durability and a long lifetime.
|Devoko Patio Chaise Lounge Sets Specifications|
Table: 15.75 inches（L）X 15.75 inches (W) X 17.75 inches (H)
Folding chaise lounge: 40 inches（L）X 5 inches（W）X 24 inches (H)
Spreading chaise lounge: 77 inches（L）X 24 inches（W）X 21 inches (H)
PE rattan material
Cushion: Beige polyester fabric and sponge padded
Max Load capacity: 350 lbs
No Assembly Required
Made of lightweight rattan material
With a weight capacity of 350 pounds, the Devoko Patio Chaise Lounge Sets is a perfect option for heavy people.
Best For Balcony: Homall 3 Pieces Patio Chaise Lounge Chair
- Extra convenience – have a side table
- Ultra-comfortable, breathable, and easy to clean – feature Full padded breathable cushions that are removable
- Easy to store or move around – folding design
- Highly endurable – crafted from rust-resistant metal and lightweight rattan material, all are weatherproof
- The fabric on cushions is a bit hard to clean if getting stains
- Wish it was slightly higher off the ground
- Can’t adjust the back
While this Homall 3 Pieces Patio Chaise Lounge Chair is considered a multi-purpose option, the reason why we highly rank it for balcony use is due to the added side table.
With it, you can enjoy reading a favorite book in your yard or have some drinks.
The visual design also gives a good sense of aesthetic to most balcony décor.
Unlike the Devoko lounge chair above, this highlights ultra-thick, fully-padded cushions so that you can chill on it for hours with the best comfort. A big plus is these cushions are removable for easy cleaning for summer use.
For storage, just fold it down and this chair will not cramp up your space.
|Homall 3 Pieces Patio Chaise Lounge Chair Specifications|
81.1 x 23.6 x 20.5 inches
PE Rattan and rust-resistant steel frame
Have a side table
Full padded breathable cushion
Designed with extra comfort, aesthetics, and ease of storing, we’re quite sure that anyone who is finding the best lounge chair for the balcony will be sold for this model.
Best For Poolside Deco: Kozyard Cozy Aluminum Lounge Chair
- Various options, aesthetic, and decorative – two color options and feel
- High endurance and durability – made of UV-resistant, water- and oil-proof, breathable textile fabric
- Flexible and comfy – 7 adjustable back positions
- A bit small
- Not ideal for people who have pets – the fabric is prone to scratch
The Kozyard Cozy Aluminum Lounge Chair nicely overcomes the biggest weakness of the Homall 3-piece chair – its fabric is very easy to clean once getting stains or dirty because it is water- and oi-proof.
It is also UV-resistant and withstands outdoor abuses efficiently to be a potential contender for poolside deco.
Or, you can move it to anywhere wanted as the whole lounge chair weighs just 23.8 pounds – very lightweight and the aluminum frame is rust-free as well to last a lifetime.
The biggest selling point is you’ve got up to 7 different back adjustments to find out the most comfortable sitting gesture to rest on.
|Kozyard Cozy Aluminum Lounge Chair Specifications|
30.3 x 24 x 11.8 inches
aluminum frame & Textile fabric
Two additional colors and feeling
Made of water and oil-proof material
Breathable Textile fabric
7 adjustable back positions
With two color options, seven back adjustments, and durable fabric, we find Kozyard Cozy Aluminum Lounge Chair to be the best option for poolside deco.
Best For Long Summer Days: Kozyard Maya Outdoor Chaise Lounge Chair
- Durable, sturdy, and solid – anti-rust powder coated finish frame and weatherproof, stain-resistant cushions
- Versatile, multifunctional, and flexible – 5 back positions
- Still require some assembly
By highlighting the upgraded Kozyard Maya Deluxe cushions for a new level of chic comfort, this lounge chair is a nice replacement for your outdated one.
These cushions are not only stain-resistant and weatherproof but also removable for easy cleaning, making them always look like new even after harsh abuse or extended use. Similarly, the steel frame has an anti-rust powder-coated finish to keep it last longer with minimal maintenance.
The solid steel frame is estimated to withstand a maximum load of 250 pounds and it also comes with 5 different back positions for versatile functionality.
|Kozyard Maya Outdoor Chaise Lounge Chair Specifications|
64-77”(L) x 26”(W) x 32-45"(H)
wrought iron frame & solid steel
Water/rust-resistant powder-coated finish
Includes weather and stain-resistant removable cushions
5 adjustable back recline settings
Overall, we greatly recommend the Kozyard Maya Outdoor Chaise Lounge Chair for those long summer days when the only best thing is just laying down and chilling.
Sturdiest: Outdoor Wicker Recliner Chair
- Ultra-comfy – 5.12” thickness cushions
- Easy to clean, sturdy, and endurable – waterproof zippers, stain-resistant cover, and removable cushion design
- Extremely sturdy – weight capacity of 330 pounds and feature a white powder-coated aluminum frame
- It slowly comes back up when you push back to recline it
- A bit pricey
If you’re a big person and looking for the sturdiest recliner to handle your bodyweight well, don’t hesitate anymore, pick this!
It is constructed from a 100% white powder-coated aluminum frame with a 3000-hour UV-resistant hand-woven resin wicker. This perfect combination can prevent rust, cracking, and fading efficiently while weight is hugely lighter than the stainless-steel.
It also features 5.12” thickness cushions that are made with waterproof zipper, soft-sponge foam, and easy-to-clean cover.
With it, you’ll get the best chilling moments to sit or lie down on the ATR patio sofa.
|Outdoor Wicker Recliner Chair Specifications|
35.6 x 20.2 x 18.5 inches
5.12'' thickness cushions
Cushions made from soft sponge and waterproof zippered cushion cover
White powder-coated aluminum frame with a max load of 330 pounds
Regardless of the reasons, as long as you’re in need of the sturdiest outdoor lounge chair, choose this.
How To Choose The Most Comfortable Outdoor Lounge Chairs?
- A lounge chair includes two main parts – the hardware and the cushion. Your task is looking for the right materials for each part to fit your preference, budget, and comfort needs.
- Start with the hardware.
- You’ve got a totally of 4 options to choose from: wood, plastic, steel, and aluminum.
- Wood – It is generally durable but the durability level depends on the type of wood. We recommend going for hardwood, maple, and bamboo.
- Plastic – the most inexpensive, easy to maintain, and lightweight so that it is highly maneuverable.
- Steel – one of the sturdiest and also the heaviest. It’s hard to move around but will last really long. You should look for a steel chair with anti-rust coating or stainless steel models.
- Aluminum – rigid in construction and durable. A plus is that it’s much lighter than steel lounge chairs for higher maneuverability. Aluminum is anti-rust and easy to clean as well.
Now is the cushion.
- We don’t recommend going for a kind of fabric that is completely waterproof because it’s commonly not breathable to sit on for hours. Instead, pay extra attention to the stain resistance, UV resistance, and ease of cleaning.
- Aside from the fabric cover which should be removable for maintenance, consider choosing a soft, comfortable and breathable foam for your best comfort.
- Each lounge chair comes in specific weight capacity.
- Whether you’re going to buy one for yourself, your whole family, or guests, think about the maximum load it can handle. 250 pounds is a good start!
- But if you or anyone is a heavy person (like, over 300 pounds), choose a heavier-duty model.
Which Brands Make The Most Comfortable Outdoor Lounge Chairs?
- Devoko is a young brand compared to others in this list but they aren’t inferior in terms of services and products’ quality, especially outdoor lounge chairs. We love them for the promise of providing only the best products to customers and in fact, they really do.
- Another reliable brand is Homall. They’re specializing in making outdoor furniture and lounge chairs. What we really like about their products is the innovative design and decent comfort that you can sit on all day long with the best comfort.
- Kozyard is our favorite go-to because they provide a wide range of practical yet aesthetic outdoor furniture with guaranteed quality and performance. Up to now, they have had over 15 years’ expertise in this field.
What’s a lounge chair?
It is an armless recliner paired with an ottoman. They’re specifically designed to let you relax on.
How long do lounge chairs last?
It depends on the materials they’re made from, the brand, the frequency of use, and the maintenance. In general, it can be 5 to 20 years.
How long is an outdoor lounge chair?
78 inches or 198 centimeters.
Is a lounge chair good for your back?
Yes, it is, as long as it’s built with a lift mechanism to help you easily stand up and give no stress to your back.
What are lounge chairs good for?
Depending on the design. Commonly, it is good for back support and relaxing.
When you’re set on spending a weekend afternoon in the backyard, it’s important to find the most comfortable outdoor lounge chair.
We hope our hands-on research and feedback has helped you find out the right one to relax on.
Thanks for reading!