From DIY-ers to woodwork workshops, a table saw is a necessary tool.
Here are the most accurate table saws you can buy in 2021:
- Best Overall (Portable Table Saws): DEWALT DWE7485 Table Saw for Jobsite
- Best For Particleboard (Portable Table Saws): Goplus Table Saw
- Best For Segmented Bowls (Portable Table Saws): SKILSAW SPT99T-01 Worm Drive Table Saw
- Best Overall (Stationary Table Saws): SawStop 10-Inch Professional Cabinet Saw
- Best For Large Furniture-making Projects (Stationary Table Saws): Shop Fox W1820 10-Inch Table Saw
- Most Durable (Stationary Table Saws): JET 708675PK XACTASAW
|6 Most Accurate Table Saws|
|DEWALT DWE7485 Table Saw for Jobsite|
Best For Particleboard
|Goplus Table Saw|
Best For Segmented Bowls
|SKILSAW SPT99T-01 Worm Drive Table Saw|
|SawStop 10-Inch Professional Cabinet Saw|
Best For Large Furniture-making Projects
|Shop Fox W1820 10-Inch Table Saw|
|JET 708675PK XACTASAW|
Portable Table Saws
A portable table saw is a good choice for your DIY projects or small projects.
Best Overall (Portable Table Saws): DEWALT DWE7485 Table Saw for Jobsite
- Compact and Portable
- Smooth and accurate fence adjustments
- High RPM for clean and neat cuts
- Onboard storage & Metal roll cage
- Safety features: Anti-Kickback Pawls, Push Stick, Riving Knife, Guard System, Emergency Stop
- Low rip capacity and cut depth
DEWALT DWE7485 is compact and portable. It is sturdy with a metal roll cage construction, withstanding impacts at the job sites. This table saw is designed for ripping and crosscutting soft materials like wood and plastic with high accuracy.
DEWALT DWE7485 features a rack and pinion fence for quick and accurate rip-length adjustments. The 15-amp motor reaches up to 5,800 RPMs, so the table saw provides clean and neat cuts. The blade is adjustable for cross-cutting, which is also pretty accurate. The table saw features a full set of safety features, including anti-kickback pawls, a push stick, a riving knife, a guard system, and an emergency stop switch to prevent any possible kickback or something coming in contact with the rotating blade.
The only drawback of the DEWALT DWE7485 is that the rip capacity is quite limited, only 24.5 inches. Also, since the table saw use 8-¼ inch blades, the cut depth is also not impressive.
|DEWALT DWE7485 Table Saw for Jobsite Specifications|
1 x Table Saw; 1 x Fence; 1 x Anti-Kickback Pawls; 1 x Miter Gauge; 1 x Push Stick; 1 x 24T 8-1/4 in. Blade; 1 x Non-thru cut riving Knife; 2 x Blade Change Wrenches; 1 x Modular Guard System
DEWALT DWE7485 rips and cuts soft materials smoothly with high accuracy.
Best For Particleboard (Portable Table Saws): Goplus Table Saw
- Lightweight and affordable
- Coated aluminum tabletop reduces friction
- Adjustable cutting angle & depth
- Sliding miter gauge & Self-aligning fence
- Safety features: Push Stick, Protection Guard, Riving Knife, Emergency Switch
- Not as smooth and accurate as DEWALT DWE7485
Goplus Table Saw uses a larger blade and has a higher rip capacity than the DEWALT DWE7485 above. These features help Goplus Table Saw handle larger wood sheets better. Moreover, this table saw is also more affordable and lighter. However, the speed is quite lower, so the cuts will not be as smooth as the cuts of DEWALT DWE7485.
Goplus Table Saw features a coated aluminum tabletop, which reduces friction for smoother sliding. It features a sliding miter gauge for cross-cutting from -45 to 45 degrees, and a self-aligning fence for precise and stable cutting without any wobbling. Moreover, the table saw is able for double bevel cutting from 0 to 45 degrees. The cutting depth is adjustable for different needs of slotting, ripping, or cutting. You can use the handle to adjust the angle and the height of the blade easily.
|Goplus Table Saw Specifications|
1x Table Saw, 1x 10” Saw blade, 1x Miter Gauge, 1x Push Stick, 1x Parallel Guide, 1x Rip Fence, 1x Protection Guard, 2x Wrenches, 1x User Manual
Goplus Table Saw with a higher rip capacity handles larger wood sheets better.
Best For Segmented Bowls (Portable Table Saws): SKILSAW SPT99T-01 Worm Drive Table Saw
- Worm-drive design for more torque
- All-metal construction
- Precision rack and pinion system
- Accurate cross-cutting
- Dual-Field Motor stays cooler
- Higher price
SKILSAW SPT99T-01 is unbeatable when it comes to accurate portable table saws. It features a worm-drive design, which is a bit behind in speed but much ahead in torque power. So, you can easily handle hardwoods and angled cuts.
In terms of accuracy, SKILSAW SPT99T-01 features a precision rack and pinion system for easy adjustments and accurate cuts. You can adjust the blade tilted from 0 - 45 degrees using the handle, which is also deadly accurate. To make products with difficult details like segmented bowls, SKILSAW SPT99T-01 is my pick due to its superior cross-cutting ability.
SKILSAW SPT99T-01 has an all-metal construction. Moreover, Skillsaw’s patented dual-field motor stays cooler than other motors, so lasts longer. Legendary durability! Of course, with these advantages, this table saw costs more than the two above.
|SKILSAW SPT99T-01 Worm Drive Table Saw Specifications|
1 x Table Saw, 1 x 24-tooth SKILSAW Blade, 1 x Riving Knife, 1x Miter Gauge, 1x Push Stick, 1x Rip Fence, 1x Protection Guard
SKILSAW SPT99T-01 is superior at cross-cutting, ideal to make products with difficult details
Stationary Table Saws
A stationary table saw is suitable for larger projects, a necessary tool for big workshops.
Best Overall (Stationary Table Saws): SawStop 10-Inch Professional Cabinet Saw
- Blade automatically stops on contact with skin
- Large handwheel and gas-assisted elevation
- Superior precision
- 99% dust collection
- Control Box constantly checks all the system
- Higher price
SawStop Professional Cabinet Saw is my pick for the best overall stationary table saw. The patented Saw-Stop technology separates this outstanding cabinet saw from the others. When it detects skin coming in contact with the blade, the blade will be immediately stopped and pulled down. The delayed time is only 5 milliseconds, ensuring that you will be totally safe. Moreover, the control box constantly checks all the systems to see if everything is okay. SawStop really took safety to the next level.
Not only is reliable and safe, but SawStop Professional Cabinet Saw is also superior when it comes to accuracy and precision. The T-glide fence is tested at 0-degree deflection. The cast-iron table flatness is measured at 0.01-inch maximum gap. The gas piston elevation delivers smooth and easy adjustability.
Besides, it has a dust collection system that captures up to 99% of the dust. The cabinet saw is also well-known for its durability as well. All features on SawStop Professional Cabinet Saw are great, If I have to point out one thing that makes this cabinet saw less perfect, it must be the price. It costs a lot, but is 100% worth it.
|SawStop 10-Inch Professional Cabinet Saw Specifications|
Sawstop patented safety system, Dust collection system; Gas piston elevation
SawStop Professional Cabinet Saw takes safety and precision to the next level.
Best For Large Furniture-making Projects (Stationary Table Saws): Shop Fox W1820 10-Inch Table Saw
- Rip capacity up to 50 inches
- Completely flat tabletop & stable legs
- Smooth and accuracy glide T-fence
- Adjustable T-slot miter gauge with flip stop
- Safety features: Riving Knife, Blade Guard, Splitter, Magnetic Switch, Thermal Protection
- Difficult to elevate the blade
If you don’t want to spend that much on a stationary table saw as the SawStop Professional Cabinet Saw costs, Shop Fox W1820 would be a great alternative. It has a good rip capacity - up to 50 inches, which suits the vast majority of cuts.
When it comes to accuracy, Shop Fox W1820 features a polished cast-iron table for complete flatness. The T-slot miter gauge with a flip stop for easier adjustments for cuts. The handle to tilt the blade is accurate. And the legs are adjustable to stabilize the table saw while you are cutting. When it comes to safety, Shop Fox W1820 features a quick-release riving knife, a blade guard, a splitter, a magnetic switch, and thermal overload protection.
However, it takes both hands and a bit of effort to adjust the blade with the handle. This may be considered a drawback.
|Shop Fox W1820 10-Inch Table Saw Specifications|
T-slot miter gauge with flip stop; Riving Knife, Blade Guard, Splitter, Magnetic Switch, Thermal Protection
Shop Fox W1820 is stable, high-capacity, and accurate, ideal for making large furniture.
Most Durable (Stationary Table Saws): JET 708675PK XACTASAW
- Sturdy & enclosed cabinet
- Quick blade change
- Poly-V drive belt system
- 50-inch rip fence, Left tilt, Miter gauge
- Riving Knife, Safety Guard, On/Off switch
- 34 inch tall
JET XACTASAW is the choice of durability. Overall, this cabinet saw can do anything that the Shop Fox W1820 above can. The rip capacity, cross-cutting ability, safety features, wings, legs, and trunnion design are pretty the same. In terms of accuracy, I would rate both 5/5.
This JET’s stationary table saw cost several hundred dollars more. I would attribute that amount to its sturdiness and durability. This JET XACTASAW has a solid construction, which I cannot imagine how it can be damaged.
Other noteworthy features on this table saw are the Poly-V drive belt system that delivers efficient and quiet operation, and the push button arbor lock for quick blade change. The only drawback on this JET XACTASAW, for me, is its height - 34 inches. Some might find it a bit low for comfortable operation.
|JET 708675PK XACTASAW Specifications|
Poly-V drive belt system; Push-button Arbor Lock; Fence, blade, tablesaw, miter gauge, rails, riving knife, blade guard
JET XACTASAW is not only super durable but also accurate and quiet.
How To Choose The Most Accurate Table Saw?
Here are some important features on a table saw that you need to pay a bit of attention.
- The blade: The diameter of blades that the table saw supports is the first thing to be considered. A typical table saw supports 10-inch blades - this is also a convenient choice as you can share blades between the table saw and miter saw if you have one. Some small table saws support only 8-inch blades - this is suitable for small tasks only.
The number of teeth is also an important spec. Normally, it ranges from 24 to 80. More teeth mean smoother cuts, so people use a blade with more teeth for cross-cuts and a blade with fewer teeth for faster rip cuts. Another thing to consider is the material used to make the blade.
- The table surface: It must be completely flat and smooth to have accurate cuts. The table surface tends to be iron cast.
- The fence & Rip capacity: You need the fence to have straight rip cuts. The fence needs to have 0-degree deflection. It also needs to fix firmly and stably while cutting. Using the fence, you can adjust the rip capacity. For a small project, you don’t need more than 28 inches of rip capacity. However, for larger projects, you may want to gear you up with a cabinet saw with 50 inches of rip capacity.
- Miter gauge, Blade tilting for cross & angled cuts: A miter gauge lets you guide the sheets through the blade in the angle that you want for crosscuts. Some table saws let you tilt the blade to the left, some let you tilt to the right for angled cuts - there is no difference between them, only depends on your preferred hand.
- Safety features: A blade guard and a push stick keep your fingers away from the blade. A splitter, a riving knife, or anti-kickback pawls prevent dangerous kickbacks. A magnetic switch lets you immediately stop the blade. Some advanced table saws even feature a sensor to automatically stop the blade when it contacts human skin.
- Dust collection: Stationary table saw always has a system for dust collection. A portable table saw is usually not equipped with a dust collection tool - you can use an additional vacuum for dust collecting.
Which Brands Make The Most Accurate Table Saw?
DEWALT was founded in 1923, in Pennsylvania, USA. Since then, it has successfully built its global brand on outstanding power tools. In the past, DEWALT's quality was the standard for wartime machinery. DEWALT's table saws are known for their sturdiness and accuracy. Besides table saws, DEWALT also provides world-class chainsaws, blade saws, dynamo drills, hammer drills, concrete chisels, angle grinders, polishing machines, hot blowers, etc. This is a brand you can trust.
Skilsaw was founded a year later - 1924, in Chicago, USA. Like DEWALT, Skilsaw’s quality is also a standard for military products. Skilsaw specializes in portable saws and saw accessories. However, they also have some great cabinet saws. When it comes to saws of types, Skilsaw is the to-go brand.
When it comes to safety features for table saws, Sawstop is the leader without any doubt. The Sawstop technology automatically stops the blade within 5 milliseconds when coming in contact with human’s skin, protecting the operator from being injured. Moreover, Sawstop is also well-known for its accuracy and stability.
How much is a good table saw?
A useable portable table saw costs about 300 USD. A cabinet table saw can costs over 3,000 USD.
How thick of wood can a table saw cut?
It depends on the blade. With a 10-inch blade, the maximum thickness is about 3.5 inches. With a 12-inch blade, it can cut through a 4-inch wood.
Which is better: table saw or miter saw?
None of them is better. Each type of saw is designed for different purposes. Table saws are for larger and longer cuts, while miter saws are for cutting angles, bevels, and trims.
Can I cut a 4x4 with a table saw?
To cut through a 4x4 in one pass, you’ll need a cabinet saw with a 12-inch blade.
Can a 10 inch table saw rip a 4x4?
No, a 10-inch blade cannot cut through a 4x4. You’ll need a table saw with a 12-inch blade.
A portable table saw is a good choice for your DIY or small projects. A stationary table saw is suitable for larger projects, a necessary tool for big workshops. I hope this article can help you choose an accurate table saw that fits your needs.