Grow lights are the best companion for both gardeners and farmers as they allow you to start planting at any time as wanted.
The only requirement is you must choose the right type for your plants’ needs.
If you’re searching for the highest yielding LED grow lights, congrats (!), you’re landing in the right place. Below are the 6 top picks by our experts!
Here are the highest yielding led grow lights you can buy in 2023:
- Best Overall: MARS HYDRO TS
- Best For Beginners: King Plus 1000w
- Best For Flowers: BESTVA DC Series 2000W
- Best For Herbs: VIPARSPECTRA UL Certified 600W
- Best For Vegetables: MARS HYDRO SP
- Best For Tropical House Plants: Spider Farmer SF-4000
|6 Highest Yielding Led Grow Lights|
|MARS HYDRO TS||Read Our Review|
Best For Beginners
|King Plus 1000w||Read Our Review|
Best For Flowers
|BESTVA DC Series 2000W||Read Our Review|
Best For Herbs
|VIPARSPECTRA UL Certified 600W||Read Our Review|
Best For Vegetables
|MARS HYDRO SP||Read Our Review|
Best For Tropical House Plants
|Spider Farmer SF-4000||Read Our Review|
Best Overall: MARS HYDRO TS
- Ideal for commercial use - auto-sensing power supply works on 277VAC, 240VAC, and 120VAC
- Provide 30% higher yield and 20% more the light intensity than the traditional LED lights - newest SMD LED technology & aluminum light boards design
- Noise-free – fan-less design
For commercial setups or large rooms, we immensely suggest the MARS HYDRO TS.
While featuring an auto-sensing power supply that works on both 277VAC, 240VAC, and 120VAC, it has two dimmable and waterproof Mean Well Drivers – same as spider farmer 4000 but costs much cheaper.
It is known for providing a 30% higher yield and 20% more the light intensity compared to the traditional LED lights.
That is a big thank you to the newest SMD LED technology and fan-less aluminum light boards design.
They allow the plants to receive more energy yet not burnt leaves and can get the max yield at 2.5g/watt. Perfect for 4' x 4' bloom stage or 5' x 5' veg stage.
|MARS HYDRO TS Specifications|
PAR Test (PPFD)
Auto-sensing power supply works on both 120VAC and 240VAC and 277VAC
Come with two waterproof and dimmable Mean Well Drivers
Get 30% higher yield compare OLD led lights
Consuming just 450W with 1016 LEDs, MARS HYDRO TS is the best overall LED grow light for the highest yielding in our list.
Best For Beginners: King Plus 1000w
- Shine brighter without burning leaves – provide a full spectrum of light at 50°F to 60°F
- Optimize the light for specific growth stages of plants – feature Veg/Bloom switch
- Energy-efficient and money-saving – adopt a hi-tech LED chip
- Very limited light footprint
- Short power cord
- Run a bit noisily
The most disturbing thing for starter gardeners is fears of inefficient plant growth or even making them die due to the lack of experience.
But with this King Plus 1000w, you’ll get lots of peace in mind.
It emits a full spectrum of light at only 50°F to 60°F, which is significantly lower than other grow lamps to prevent burning your plants. The biggest selling point is its Veg/Bloom switch that ensures providing the right amount of light for plants at different growth stages.
Bloom switch includes white and red LEDs while the Veg switch is white and blue for seed and seedling growth.
By adopting a hi-tech LED chip for brighter lighting but less electricity consumption, it is a nice alternative for the traditional 600W HPS and helps you save tons of money.
|King Plus 1000w Specifications|
PAR Test (PPFD)
1934umol at 15.2cm
380 nm to 780 nm
3.4 x 3.8 ft
Upgraded aluminum radiators
Multiple high-speed mute fans
Adopts a high-tech LED chip(double-chip 10W LED)
Designed with everything needed for specific growth stages of plants and ease of use, the King Plus 1000w is a top-notch option for beginners.
Best For Flowers: BESTVA DC Series 2000W
- Dissipate heat efficiently – 3mm thickness aluminum plated radiator
- Provide brighter light at full spectrum & boost plants grow faster – 9 bands of LEDs
- Shine brighter yet more energy-efficient - BESTVA Newest Technology, put out 15,000 lumens but consume just 390W
- The hanging system could be better
Shining your flowers with this LED grow light and they’ll smile happily.
While most 100W models out there commonly put out 450 lumens, this delivers up to 15,000L with the plants being 3 feet away but consuming only 390W, all thanks to the dual-chip LED technology.
Don’t worry about the heat from these lights because they are crafted with a 3mm thickness aluminum plate radiator.
Combining with the glass, it makes great heat convection and runs within 50-60 degrees F.
A notable thing is the 9 different bands of LEDs that help plants grow super-fast through all three stages and bloom big, beautiful flowers with a nice yield.
|BESTVA DC Series 2000W Specifications|
PAR Test (PPFD)
595 μmol/m2/s at 18" height
full spectrum 380-780nm
7.8ft x 7.5ft at 24" Height
3mm thickness aluminum plate radiator
Nine different bands of LEDs
BESTVA Newest Technology
BESTVA DC Series 2000W is an outstanding grow light for flowering compared to other models in our list.
Best For Herbs: VIPARSPECTRA UL Certified 600W
- Allow for advanced connection - Daisy Chain Function
- Safe and reliable to use – have fire-resistant reflectors & meet UL standards
- Not penetrate a canopy very well
- Run loudly
VIPARSPECTRA UL Certified 600W is a great light for growing anything you really want, especially herbs.
Compared to the HPS lights, there is a considerable difference. Our herbs respond more positively to this model and they appear to be growing hugely faster than usual. As a result, we harvest them a week or two earlier.
What we really like about this model is the daisy chain function that allows for advanced connection more lights together with no additional cord required.
Rest assured, they are very safe to use. There comes in fire-resistant reflectors and all meet the UL certification. Plus, VIPARSPECTRA is a reliable brand.
|VIPARSPECTRA UL Certified 600W Specifications|
PAR Test (PPFD)
358 par at 18"
3’x3’ vegetative coverage at 32” and 2.5’x2.5’ flowering coverage at 22”
VEG and BLOOM switches
Daisy Chain Function
If you’re in research for the best grow light for herbs with the highest yielding, this is it!
Best For Vegetables: MARS HYDRO SP
- Superior longevity and durability - 50% longer lifespan compared with other brand lights and IP65 waterproof standard
- Thrive veggies to grow faster and more beautifully - full-spectrum, covered with UV and IR
- 30% higher yield compared to the traditional LED models – provide the Max 2.5g yield/wattage of power draw
- Run quietly
- No dimmer option
- No power switch
Out of many candidates, this LED grow light stands out for its performance on our vegetables, especially leafy greens.
It puts out enough light with full-spectrum, covered with UV and IR, to make them grow beautifully. If you’re noise-sensitive, just rest the heart as this model is designed in a noise-free fan-less LED light bar.
What satisfies us the most is the Max 2.5g yield/wattage of power draw, equivalent to 30% higher yield compared to the traditional LED models. Meanwhile, the true output of this model is just 230W.
In other words, this is a more scientific and energy-efficient replacement for the single-ended 2000watt HPS.
|MARS HYDRO SP Specifications|
PAR Test (PPFD)
50% longer lifespan compare with other brand lights
Quantum lights board covered by the glue
IP65 waterproof standard
UV IR FULL SPECTRUM INDOOR LED GROW SYSTEM
For those gardeners who desire to grow your vegetables to be healthier, greener, and bigger within a shorter period of time, pick this.
Best For Tropical House Plants: Spider Farmer SF-4000
- Ideal for tropical house flowers and vegetables – put out a light spectrum of 660-665nm
- Highly energy-efficient, brightness, and longevity - 50% longer-lasting and 50% higher yields than other red/blue lights
- Safe to run - waterproof LEDs
- Inconvenient to adjust power
By putting out a light spectrum of 660-665nm, which imitates perfectly natural sunlight, the Spider Farmer SF-4000 is best for tropical house plants.
It comes in the foolproof design with MEAN WELL Driver, waterproof LEDs, premium protective covers for cables, and big, sturdy aluminum heat sink.
Compared to other red/blue lights, this model is not only 50% longer lasting but also 50% higher yields with significantly less energy. And at the current, it is considered one of the most efficient LED grow lights out there.
With 2.7 umol/J of the PAR test, it is ideal for 6 x 6 ft. veg footprint or 5 x 5 ft. flowering footprints.
|Spider Farmer SF-4000 Specifications|
PAR Test (PPFD)
The veg footprint is 6 x 6 ft, Flowering footprint is 5 x 5 ft.
Large solid aluminum heat sink
50% higher yields with less energy
Compared with other red/blue lights.
In a pinch, the Spider Farmer SF-4000 is our pick for tropical house plants.
How To Choose The Highest Yielding Led Grow Lights?
- For the comprehensive development of plants, we highly recommend going for LED grow lights that emit a full range of the spectrum, including UV light.
- The reason is full-spectrum yields generate little heat while running to hence require no additional fans. Additionally, they’re durable and cost less in the long term of use so that your electricity bills won’t be piled up.
- The most important thing is to have a high-intensity light with various wavelengths to encourage plants to grow comprehensively and healthily.
Spacing & Wattage
- These two elements have a close connection to each other because each grow light features a specific range of coverage areas. If they don’t match together, it results in either energy inefficiency or unhealthy plant growth.
- Let start with calculating the amount of space that you want to cover with grow lights.
- Then figure out the real wattage value.
- Many LED light manufacturers give their specific product a name like “King Plus 1000w” or “BESTVA DC Series 2000W”. The confusing thing here is the “1000w” and “2000w”. They are actually NOT the real wattage value of the light.
- If taking a look at each product specs table, you’ll see that the real wattage value of King Plus 1000w is just 185W and the BESTVA DC Series 2000W’s is 390W.
- Now, once you’ve got these two numbers, compare to find out the most suitable option for your needs and your plants, following this basic rule of thumb:
- For each square foot, there should be at least 50W with a LED grow light.
- For example, if the coverage area needed to lighten is 3’ x 3’, you should look for a LED grow light featuring 3x3x50 = 450W as a minimum.
Which Brands Make The Highest Yielding Led Grow Lights?
- MARS HYDRO is one of the most reliable brands out there that are specialized in manufacturing high-quality lights. Their products are ETL listed and CE, Rohs approved for extreme safety with the detective rate controlled within 0.5%.
- This is the leading brand in China with a solid reputation gained from its long-standing history. They are specialized in LED aquarium lights and LED Grow lights, and known for providing continuously improved products in both design and innovation.
- BESTVA is more specialized in LED grow lights than the other two and they provide a wide range of related products to ensure you will get at least one best option for your plants. Above all, they provide you with a 3-year warranty.
Can any LED light be used as a grow light?
Literally yes, it can, just NOT as efficiently as a specialized grow light.
What color light is best for plant growth?
A full spectrum, including the UV light.
Best LED grow light for 4X4 grow tent?
It should feature at least 900W of real wattage value.
Does more light equal more yield?
Yes, it does.
The bigger the light, the better the penetration, leading to the more yield.
How much does it cost to run a 1000w LED Grow Light?
This depends on the number of lighting hours per day and kWH cost in your area. For example, in our case, we run grow lights 16 hours/day and the kWh cost is 0.1, so it costs nearly $53/month.
In the end, your budget and plants’ needs should take precedence in your purchase decision. But we hope that by providing you with the highest yielding LED grow light reviews, we can help you make the best-informed decision.
That’s all for this post.
Thanks for reading!