Solar lights are an alternative, eco-friendly way to spice up your outdoor area. How to find the best solar fence lights?
Here are the best solar fence lights you can buy in 2022:
- Best Overall: OTHWAY Solar Fence Post Lights Wall Mount Decorative Deck Lighting
- Best For Winter: LOHAS Solar Fence Post Lights
- Davinci Solar Post Lights For 4x4 or 6x6 Posts(2 pack)
- Best Overall: XLUX Solar Lights for Steps Decks Pathway Yard Stairs Fences
- Best For Decoration: OKEER Solar Fence Lights Outdoor Waterproof Wireless Solar Deck Lights
- Best For Small Fences: KINNA Solar Deck Lighting Wall Lights
- Best For Security Purposes: BAXIA TECHNOLOGY BX-SL-101 Solar Lights
- Best For Decoration: Maggift 12 Lumens Solar Wall Lantern Outdoor Christmas Solar Lights
|Top 8 Best Solar Fence Lights|
|OTHWAY Solar Fence Post Lights Wall Mount Decorative Deck Lighting|
Best For Winter
|LOHAS Solar Fence Post Lights|
|Davinci Solar Post Lights For 4x4 or 6x6 Posts(2 pack)|
|XLUX Solar Lights for Steps Decks Pathway Yard Stairs Fences|
Best For Decoration
|OKEER Solar Fence Lights Outdoor Waterproof Wireless Solar Deck Lights|
Best For Small Fences
|KINNA Solar Deck Lighting Wall Lights|
Best For Security Purposes
|BAXIA TECHNOLOGY BX-SL-101 Solar Lights|
Best For Decoration
|Maggift 12 Lumens Solar Wall Lantern Outdoor Christmas Solar Lights|
Best Overall: OTHWAY Solar Fence Post Lights Wall Mount Decorative Deck Lighting
- Nice design and decorative light
- Super easy installation
- Durable material
- Bright light
- Not great in cold weather
OTHWAY Solar Fence Post Lights are the best overall option for several reasons. The unit is small enough that makes installation very easy and flexible. The design is great. The honey-comb cut gives off beautiful shadows for your fences. You can use it for decorative purposes as well.
This unit is built with an automated switch. When it gets dark, the sensor will turn the light on. In winter, when the sunlight isn’t sufficient enough, the lights can only work up to 5 hours.
Another factor that makes me fall in love with OTHWAY is durable plastic. That allows the lights to withstand tough weather conditions.
|OTHWAY Solar Fence Post Lights Wall Mount Decorative Deck Lighting Specifications|
2 to 5 hours (in Winter)
A day night sensor
NiMH battery: 1.2V 600mAh
OTHWAY Solar Fence Post Lights Wall Mount Decorative Deck Lighting offers sufficient light and nice decoration for your fences, posts, gardens, and stairways.
Best For Winter: LOHAS Solar Fence Post Lights
- Small volume and lightweight
- Bright LEDs
- Price is affordable
- Need to install a good heat sink to avoid overheat.
LOHAS Solar Fence Post Lights feature strong solar panels. After 6 hours of charging, it can work the same amount in the dark. Winter or cold weather doesn’t affect much its ability to work.
Since the mini solar lights give just enough light, it doesn’t bother the neighbors. At the same time, the LEDs are bright enough to safely guide you through the garden or yard.
Each unit is small and lightweight, making it easier to install. It can also be used as an emergency flashlight. Thanks to the solid construction, LOHAS solar fence post lights have IP65 Waterproof. It can withstand strong storms and wind, and work perfectly in any bad weather.
You need to take an extra step to make this pack more durable. By installing a good heat sink, you get rid of the overheating problem.
|LOHAS Solar Fence Post Lights Specifications|
LOHAS Solar Fence Post Lights are your great companion at nights regardless of weather conditions.
: Davinci Solar Post Lights For 4x4 or 6x6 Posts(2 pack)
- Flexible fit
- Easy to install
- Great built quality
- Weatherproof construction
- Not a budget option
Davinci Solar Post Lights are quite easy to install. They fit both 4x4 and 6x6 posts, reducing hassle for users. Each unit gives off 15 lumens. It doesn’t give off much light if you buy only 2 packs to cover for a large area.
The LEDs are very durable, working for 100,000 hours. The industrial-grade plastic allows the packs to withstand bad weather (IP44 weatherproof). The good news is the plastic is UV fade protection, so it won’t change color over time.
Thanks to the advanced monocrystalline solar panels, the Davinci solar post lights are more energy-efficient. It charges for 8 hours and works for the whole night.
|Davinci Solar Post Lights For 4x4 or 6x6 Posts(2 pack) Specifications|
Last 100,000 hours
Advanced monocrystalline solar panels
Davinci Solar Post Lights are a good option for you look for great quality and well-constructed units to lighten up your fences.
Best Overall: XLUX Solar Lights for Steps Decks Pathway Yard Stairs Fences
- Comfortable illumination
- Nice diffuse pattern
- Good battery life
- Solar charging works great in cloudy days
- Mounts easily
I have several reasons why XLUX solar lights are the best overall option for you. A set comes with 6 solar lights, giving off 20 lumens each. The overall illumination is comfortable, not too bright but also not too dim. You find your way in the dark, and the neighbors are happy too.
Remember to keep the switch at auto so that the lights can turn on automatically when it gets dark.
This unit is highly durable. The premium poly-crystalline silicon solar panel works perfectly in cloudy days, giving you full 8 working hours every night. What’s more, the stainless steel case and low self-discharging battery also allow it to function normally in crazy weather.
The design looks great and it offers nice diffuse patterns too.
|XLUX Solar Lights for Steps Decks Pathway Yard Stairs Fences Specifications|
Stainless Steel +ABS+ PC
Premium poly-crystalline silicon solar pane
XLUX Solar Lights for Steps Decks Pathway Yard Stairs Fences are perfect for paths, staircases, gardens, docks, and fences.
Best For Decoration: OKEER Solar Fence Lights Outdoor Waterproof Wireless Solar Deck Lights
- Easy to install
- Versatile uses
- Great decorative patterns
- Warm light
- A bit dim
Looking for a stylish idea for your fences? OKEER has the answer.
The unit is made of sturdy ABS plastic, which allows it to work through time test. The IP65 also ensures its ability to withstand tough weather. The built-in rechargeable battery needs to sit roughly 8 hours under the sun to perfume in the same amount of time.
The OKEER offers dim, warm light. It is perfect for decorative purposes. The light pattern looks nice. However, some people complain that the light is too dim.
This is a wireless solar light unit, so you don’t waste time figuring out how to install it. It works automatically too. You can mount it on the wall, patio, gardens or stairways.
|OKEER Solar Fence Lights Outdoor Waterproof Wireless Solar Deck Lights Specifications|
High quality ABS material
OKEER Solar Fence Lights Outdoor Waterproof Wireless Solar Deck Lights are hands-down the best option for outdoor decoration.
Best For Small Fences: KINNA Solar Deck Lighting Wall Lights
- Heavy-duty plastic
- Beautiful soft glow
- he mounting holes are too wide for 4x4
For small fences or limited areas, KINNA Solar Lights are perfect. They come as a pack of 4, giving off 6 lumens each. It isn’t brilliantly bright, but the light is adequate to show you the way. Plus, it has a beautiful soft glow effect, which is great for decoration too.
The IP44 waterproof allows the unit to stay durable in all sorts of weather conditions. The heavy-duty plastic is also a sign that the KINNA Solar Lights last for a long time. What’s more, the battery box is tightly sealed from the outdoor environment thanks to the double glue.
The installation is super easy, but some users complain that the written guideline is quite misleading. Plus, the mounting holes are simply too wide for 4x4 posts.
|KINNA Solar Deck Lighting Wall Lights Specifications|
Warm white 3000K
KINNA Solar Deck Lighting Wall Lights - 4 Pack adds a cozy ambiance and decorative light to your steps, stairs, fences, and driveways.
Best For Security Purposes: BAXIA TECHNOLOGY BX-SL-101 Solar Lights
- Best for security and safety purposes
- Powerful LED light
- Longer battery life span
Are the BAXIA TECHNOLOGY Solar Lights helpful with the security situation at home? Yes, you can’t find any better deal.
This unit features PIR motion lights. The sensor detection, when senses any motion within 9 to 16 feet, the lights will turn on automatically. It is not only safe to find your way but also keep your living area safe.
The BAXIA TECHNOLOGY solar lights also come with No Dim Mode that prolongs the unit’s life span. This unit has a waterproof IP65 rating. It resists water and heat, suitable for both intense winter and summer weather.
If you aren’t a big fan of dim light, the brightness of BAXIA solar light will surprise you. Featuring 28 powerful LEDs and a motion angle of 120 degrees, the illumination is wide and excellent. The lampshade cover protects the LEDs from the harsh outdoor environment.
|BAXIA TECHNOLOGY BX-SL-101 Solar Lights Specifications|
No dim mode
PIR motion sensor
If you are looking for a lighting unit that can satisfy your security purposes, BAXIA TECHNOLOGY BX-SL-101 Solar Lights is the ultimate answer.
Best For Decoration: Maggift 12 Lumens Solar Wall Lantern Outdoor Christmas Solar Lights
- Cute design
- Warm ambiance
- Tough plastic
- Don’t lit very long
Maggift outdoor solar lights are a sweet combination of classic design and modern technology. This unit is built from heavy-duty, tightly sealed plastic. You can’t tell that even in daylight unless you stand right next to the lights.
They are quite small. Each pack features a bulb that can give off 12 lumens. They cast nice warm light and offer such a cozy pattern.
When sitting under the sun for 8 hours, they can shine for up to 10 hours during the night. But the lighting period decreases when the direct sunlight gets less. Just like any solar lights, this unit is simple to install.
|Maggift 12 Lumens Solar Wall Lantern Outdoor Christmas Solar Lights Specifications|
2 AA 900 mAh Ni-Mh rechargeable battery
Maggift 12 Lumens Solar Wall Lantern Outdoor Christmas Solar Lights are an elegant choice for your garden, patio, yard or porch.
How To Choose The Best Solar Fence Lights?
Function And Light Quality
- You are tired of finding your way in the dark, aren’t you? You also want to make sure your living area is safe and secured.
- Having outdoor lights seem to be the best option for your needs. However, if you decide to buy solar lights, you must make it clear how you would use them.
- Some solar lights have different light settings that allow you to adjust the brightness. Others only have one brightness level.
- If you want to decorate your driveways or fences, dimmer solar lights will look great. However, for security reasons, you would want a brighter light.
- Considering the space, budget, you can also choose a suitable set of solar lights with multiple settings.
- The lighting quality is also important. How bright do you want your solar lights to be? If you want to set up a lighting system to protect the house, think about it carefully.
- Where do you want to place your solar lights? Whether it is on the wall, in the ground or a tree, you can certainly find a suitable unit.
- When you create a lighting system, don’t forget the landscape element of it too.
- The key is to find a few things you want to draw attention to, such as the pool or flower beds. You can use solar string lights in the ground to create a nice ambiance.
- You’d better choose solar units that have multi-function mounts. This function will allow you to plant the lights almost everywhere in the driveways, fences, decks or posts.
- For security lighting, it is better to place it in higher locations, such as trees, walls or the roofs.
- Do consider a suitable location for your solar lights so that they can get direct sunlight from where they stand.
Which Brands Make The Best Solar Fence Lights?
- Maggift produces a wide range of home and garden tools, including solar outdoor lights. Most of the solar products are multi-function, which means you can place them almost anywhere from the garden, walls, yards to driveways.
- Maggift focuses on beautiful designs and effective lighting patterns. They are often great for decorative purposes.
- BAXIA TECHNOLOGY is known to create high-quality waterproof solar lights. They mostly offer floodlights but their products are flexible in terms of plating location.
- Solar lights from BAXIA come in a pack of 2 to 4. The brightness ranges from 12-LED to 28-LED. They are great to use for safety and security purposes.
- XLUX emphasizes on the decorative side of solar lights. Most of their products feature warm light with a dim light setting. Other than that, XLUX offers many beautifully designed solar lights for decorative purposes only.
- LOHAS was established by the beliefs in sustainable energy and good health. They have introduced many highly-efficient and durable solar lighting products. The company has cooperated with Philip to adopt new technologies and design advancements.
- Using LOHAS lighting, you will experience great lighting ambiance, high-quality products, and affordable prices.
- OTHWAY is no doubt the best manufacturer for fence lighting. Their products are solemnly designed to match your lighting needs. They are super bright, flexible and easy to use.
- OTHWAY is also known to produce rugged and durable solar lights. You can enjoy their use for a long time.
- When it comes to affordable solar lights for decoration and security, you can entrust Davinci. The company has earned its prestige through multi-functional, waterproof solar lighting products. You can easily find your desired product from a wide range of options and prices.
- OKEER has a limited range of products. However, the company knows how to make each of its items perfect. Their solar fence lights are durable and very much affordable. They feature nice decorative patterns as well.
- How does KINNA stand out from other solar light suppliers? The company incorporates advanced technology with modern design, bringing the most versatile solar lights in the market.
Can you charge solar lights without the sun?
We must agree that solar power is great. It saves our money and also our planet. However, solar power does come with drawbacks. When there is no sun, there seems to be no energy too.
If you buy solar lights and want to run them all year round, your concern is whether these units can be charged without the sun.
The answer is yes. There are several ways to power your solar units even the sun isn’t around.
Yes, you don’t have to wait until the next day to charge your solar light. A regular lightbulb can help you with that. When it is hard to reach sunlight in winter or cloudy days, you can charge your solar lights indoor.
What you need to do is to place the photovoltaic cells under a lamp using an incandescent lightbulb. Fortunately, solar cells respond to artificial incandescent light similar to the way they do with solar power.
The reason is incandescent bulbs have similar light waves that solar cells can work with and convert into usable energy.
The incandescent bulbs need to be bright, otherwise, the spell will break. Also, make sure that you leave the solar cells about 20 inches apart from the bulbs and let them stay there as long as possible.
One common misunderstanding is solar cells need sunlight to charge, therefore without sunlight they don’t work. Solar cells convert the ultraviolet light from the sun into energy. In winter or cloudy days, you can still get the light since it can penetrate easily through the clouds.
If you still want to your solar lights work fully 8 hours at night, there are few things you can do:
Switch to an amorphous solar panel: this solar panel isn’t generally more efficient than the normal polycrystalline or monocrystalline ones. However, they do gather more light energy than their counterparts, thus converting more energy in cloudy days.
Try to clean the solar panels regularly so that they work more efficiently. Especially in winter, you need to get rid of the snow
Consider moving your solar light
Are solar fence lights able to be mounted on walls?
It depends on how solar fence lights are designed. Most solar fence lights can be mounted on any flat surface, but you need to check carefully before purchasing.
How long do solar batteries last?
Solar battery lifespan generally ranges from 5 to 15 years. Why the range is so significant? A few factors are influencing the general life span of solar batteries.
Maintenance is, for example, can dramatically increase the durability of your solar cells. Solar batteries are known to be susceptible to temperature. That’s why protecting it from extreme weather can affect its performance in the long term.
Solar batteries can also encounter overheating problems. Many leading battery manufacturers feature a temperature moderator to reduce the chance overheating happens. However, if your solar batteries don’t have it, you’d better consider earth-sheltered enclosures.
Will solar lights charge in the shade?
To answer this question, we need to look at the definition of “shade.” The shade is not complete darkness. It means comparative shadow or coolness. It could mean where there is no light or less bright than no shade.
Solar lights do work in the shade, but the efficiency varies.
How long do outdoor solar lights last?
Even the most durable solar lights will stop working one day. How long do outdoor solar lights last? This is an important question to ask because you need to know whether your investment makes sense.
The solar batteries, if taken care of regularly, can last up to 3 to 4 years. The LEDs themselves can let more than 10 years. However, many different factors influence the longevity of solar lights.
Where you place the units, for example, has a huge influence on how durable they are. Make sure that you place solar lights in direct sunlight and keep them away from street or house lights.
You also need to regularly clean the solar panels. When you place solar lights near a garden or dirty area, they are likely to be covered by dirt, thus reducing the efficiency to convert energy.
The best solar fence lights provide you with a sustainable lighting system and at the same time embellish the outdoor area. Follow this guideline and you will certainly find a suitable product for your lighting preferences.