What is the simplest way to make any patio, lawn, garden, or driveway more interesting?
Simple! Solar disk lights!
Aside from aesthetics, you’ll furthermore benefit a lot from this eco-friendly lighting, such as superb durability, longevity, minimal installation, and no electricity costs compared to the incandescent lights.
Here are the best solar disk lights you can buy in 2021:
- Best For Lawns: VIBOOS Solar Ground Lights
- Best For Patio: KINGMAZI Solar Ground Lights
- Best For Fountain: Biling Solar Disk Lights
- Best For Deck: Karvipark Solar Ground Lights
- Best For Flower Beds: MOICO Solar Ground Lights
- Best For Swimming Pool: DUUDO Solar Ground Light
|Top 6 Best Solar Disk Lights|
Best For Lawns
|VIBOOS Solar Ground Lights|
Best For Patio
|KINGMAZI Solar Ground Lights|
Best For Fountain
|Biling Solar Disk Lights|
Best For Deck
|Karvipark Solar Ground Lights|
Best For Flower Beds
|MOICO Solar Ground Lights|
Best For Swimming Pool
|DUUDO Solar Ground Light|
Best For Lawns: VIBOOS Solar Ground Lights
- High power efficiency to shine brighter and last longer
- Include 8 packs of lights/set – enough to light up a common front lawn pathway properly
- Can’t be used in 0 degrees C of temperature
We’d like to start this list with the best solar disk lights for lawns as they’re the hardest part during our testing. The reason is, most LED light sets come in just 5 or 6 packs but they’re not bright enough to light up a common front lawn pathway properly.
This is different. It includes 8 LEDs for higher illumination and the best thing is, no need for battery or wiring replacement, just FREE solar energy.
In addition, their energy conversion rate is up to 14%, meaning for ultra-high power efficiency so while shining more brightly, these ground solar light can last much longer.
The setup can’t be easier, on the other hand, as all of the ones we’ll later talk about.
They will turn on automatically at night and shut down at dawn. Your initial task is turning on the switch under the cap then pushing its stake to the soil.
|VIBOOS Solar Ground Lights Specifications|
Energy Conversion Rate
Energy conversion rate can be up to 14%
The VIBOOS 8-pack Solar Ground Lights with an emphasis on high conversion rate and easy setup has made it the best choice for lawns.
Best For Patio: KINGMAZI Solar Ground Lights
- Can last 8-10 hours/full charge to shine longer at night – ideal for party homeowners or people who love resting in their backyard at night
- Durable – can withstand 220-pound standing body, IPX65 waterproof rated, and high transmission rate up to 14% - to withstand any harsh weather conditions
- The size of lights is smaller than standards – force you to place them closer together
We’re pleasantly surprised by how bright and durable of these KINGMAZI solar disk lights.
It features 40L of brightness, includes 8 packs/set, and can be through heavy rains without losing their brightness. The most impressive thing is it can withstand a 220-pound standing body with no cracks, meaning that it’ll stay strong in any harsh weather conditions, even hails or storms.
One thing that makes these KINGMAZI superior to the VIBOOS is working time.
In a full charge, they can last up to 8 or 10 hours – nearly overnight – so if you’re about to host a big night party on your backyard, just count on these.
But two reasons make them better suit for patio, not lawns are firstly they’re yellow and secondly, the size is smaller than standard LED bulbs, forcing you to install them closer together.
|KINGMAZI Solar Ground Lights Specifications|
Energy Conversion Rate
IPX65 waterproof grade
Needs 6-8 hours to be fully charged and can last for 8-10 hours of working time
Disk lights energy conversion rate can be up to 14%
Has a built-in 600 mAh replaceable battery
Constructed with a powerful battery, superb durability, and ultra-long working time, the KINGMAZI solar ground light is our top pick for people who love resting or holding parties in their backyard.
Best For Fountain: Biling Solar Disk Lights
- Highlight 800mAh and an improved panel capacity of 130mA to last up to 12 hours
- Can keep good illumination on cloudy or rainy days
- Feature higher waterproof rating, stronger pressure bearing, and floatable ability to stay intact in the water
- A bit expensive
- They’re small, not ideal as the main illumination
Biling Solar Disk Lights are a bit different from other 8-pack 600-mAh counterparts. They are superior!
With a built-in 800mAh rechargeable battery and an improved panel capacity from 100mA to 130mA, they keep as short charge time as the 600mAh but shine longer – up to 12 hours.
But what we impressed the most is it keeps fine illumination even on a cloudy or rainy day – something that other 600mAh solar disk lights hardly do. The shining surface area of these Biling is much larger than the standards so you can place them further with the same illumination amount.
Making these outstanding is their IPX68 waterproof rating with a moisture-proof switch, the engineering anti-scratch PC shell, and its ability to withstand 400-pound pressure. Additionally, they can float.
For such reasons, we find it the best choice to illuminate your pond, swimming pool, or accent any fountain.
|Biling Solar Disk Lights Specifications|
If you’re looking for the best solar disk lights to light up your fountain at night, we highly recommend these Biling.
Best For Deck: Karvipark Solar Ground Lights
- Feature 3 small lamp beads that help the light last longer even if when one stops working
- The lampshades are protective enough to avoid hurting your eyes
- Larger cutting surface to absorb more sunlight during the day, even if it’s cloudy
- The stake is a bit flimsy
- Not as high-quality as other higher-range solar lights – you get what you pay for, still not bang for buck
This Karvipark solar ground light set includes 4 packs, each of which features a built-in 600mAh battery with 12 LED bulbs that can deliver 8 to 10 hours of lighting on every 6-8 hours of full sunlight charging.
What draws our attention to them in the first place is the 3 small lamp beads added to each light.
Their strength is, if one bead stops working, it doesn’t influence on the two others, meaning that the entire light still keeps shining.
Besides, each solar light is lampshade-protected to save your eyes from harsh brightness. It’s perfect for the deck where you’ll need a huge amount of illumination at night but should not overly strong to punch on the eyes.
|Karvipark Solar Ground Lights Specifications|
Take 15-20 seconds
Environmentally friendly ABS and PC materials
For the deck, you’ll need to look for solar disk lights that are ultra-bright yet not harsh to protect eyes from contemporary blinding or hurting. And these Karvipark ground lights are our top picks.
Best For Flower Beds: MOICO Solar Ground Lights
- Designed with 16 LED bulbs to deliver merely 50% more light than other counterparts at this price point
- Provide soft color light to avoid glare or hurting eyes and importantly, not attract bugs
- Include a 24-month quality assurance so you can buy it with more confidence
- A bit time-taking to install it, merely 2-3 minutes while other counterparts are just 10-20 seconds
- It almost doesn’t work during rainy or cloudy days
MOICO Solar ground light is constructed with 16 LED lights, rather than 8 or 12 than other counterparts, so in comparison, it delivers up to 50% more light for your garden.
But rest assured that it isn’t harshly bright to hurt your eyes. Instead, the light color is very soft and artistic that you won’t see them inside (like a glare), which doesn’t attract bugs.
Like other solar disk lights, this comes with a spike to be inserted into the ground. But the spike, in this case, is much sturdier to stay put in the soil better. It sits flatly on the ground to not be unattractive or “in the way” for yard work.
Even so, the light itself can withstand 220-pound standing body and inclement weather to last with time.
|MOICO Solar Ground Lights Specifications|
Energy Conversion Rate
Produce 50% more light for your garden or path
We love the MOICO Solar Ground Light. It is ultra-bright but with a soft glow to not attract bugs, making it a great option to accent your flowerbeds at night.
Best For Swimming Pool: DUUDO Solar Ground Light
- Adopted IPX65 design with a built-in waterproof switch for 100% waterproofing ability, making it safer to use in the water
- Compact and space-saving, ideal for small gardens or limited swimming pools
- The brightness is not excellent
In terms of waterproofing rate, you hardly beat this DUUDO over any other solar ground lights.
Aside from the IPX65 grade, its built-in external switch is waterproof as well. Unlike the pinhole solar lights, this delivers a superior waterproofing ability to work well in any water conditions, whether in the rain, storm, hail or swimming pool. Importantly, safety is always guaranteed.
The panel capacity is also great. For each hour exposed in the sunlight, it can convert 120mA of power, so for 6-8 hours of charging/day, it can light consistently up to 10 hours every night.
As its light beam is very wide, which doesn’t suit for accent an outdoor feature, we find it the most ideal for the swimming pool, especially under the water.
|DUUDO Solar Ground Light Specifications|
Consist of 10 LED lights
For those who are in need of some extraordinarily waterproof solar lights for their swimming pool, look no further than these DUUDO.
How To Choose The Best Solar Disk Lights?
Motion Sensing Lights
- The signature of this type is it can detect all of your movement within its area thanks to a small electronic eye or motion sensor.
- It works by sensing the heat waves radiated by a moving object like animals or humans and then brighten up the lights. Once that moving object is gone or stands by, they will dim.
- By indicating the presence of a person within its area, motion-sensing lights are best to be used for security purposes.
- This is one of the most powerful types of solar disk lights that provide the brightest source of outdoor illumination, making it ideal for highlighting something in your backyard, patio, or garden at night.
- This light commonly features hanging hoops, flange mounts, or ground stakes to be installed in your driveway perimeters or walkway.
- As its name defines, path lights are utilized to guide the driveway for cars to come to your front yard or down to the basement. In some cases, it’s also used for guiding the steps of visitors along the dark path.
Compared to path lights, this type features dimmer brightness source, mainly used for adding highlights to beautify a garden at night.
They usually come in warm, soft lights that don’t attract bugs or hurt the visitors’ eyes, which adds an efficiently cozy atmosphere to your outdoor space.
This factor is dependent on two things:
- The size of your area that needs brightening up or intended use
- How bright you want them to be
Solar disk lights use LED bulbs and their brightness is measured in lumens (or LM). As a basic rule of thumb, the higher the indicator, the brighter the light.
But remember, choose the most suitable brightness for your needs, not the brightest ones. Here are some suggestions for you:
Purpose of use
General landscape lighting
500 to 300
50 to 185
200 to 400
Motion sensor lighting
Step and path lighting
Which Brands Make The Best Solar Disk Lights?
- VIBOOS is one of the most favorite manufacturers out there specializing in solar products. Speaking of their solar disk lights, they’re known for both quality and affordability to be within any customer’s reach so they can buy with ease.
- KINGMAZI is not an exception in terms of producing high-grade solar disk lights at budget-friendly price points. Moreover, their product lines are quite vast and the customer services very helpful.
- In terms of waterproof solar lights, we think nothing can’t beat Biling who is also one of the top sellers/manufacturers about solar products in the market. Their products always meet many international standards and are backed by reliable warranty policies.
Which solar lights are the brightest?
Spotlights and task lights.
How many lumens should solar lights have?
This factor commonly depends on:
- The purpose of use
- The space that’s needed shining
- Your budget
But in general, it is within 200 to 1500 lumens.
How bright are 4500 lumens?
A 4500LM solar light is equal to one 250W or four 60W incandescent lights, implying for a huge amount of brightness provided at night.
How long should solar disk lights last?
8 to 12 hours, depending on the panel capacity and how much power it converts during the day (or the weather conditions)
Do LED bulbs get hot?
The heat is normally pulled away by a heat sink in the light’s base so even though it’s hot while working, LED bulbs don’t overheat as the incandescent lights.
Now, that’s the end of this article.
Above are all top-rated picks that we’ve carefully analyzed from the market.
With this ultimate guide, hoping that you’ll gain more than an idea to choose the best solar disk lights. Thanks a lot for reading and have a wonderful time outdoor!