Everybody wants to find the best solar deck light for their own need, but where and how to pick from a pool of choice?
Here I am with my top 10 products to spice up your house.
Here are the best solar deck lights you can buy in 2021:
- Best Overall: Davinci Solar Post Lights - Outdoor Post Cap Light for Fence Deck or Patio
- Best For Decoration: Siedinlar Solar Post Lights Outdoor Fence Deck Caps Light Solar Powered
- Best For All Types Of Weather: GreenLighting 4 Pack Solar Power Square Outdoor Post Cap Lights
- Best Overall: JSOT Solar Deck Lights, KASUN Super Bright LED Walkway Light
- Best For Small Decks: APONUO Solar Deck Lights 16 Pcs, Solar Step Lights
- Best For Decoration: OKEER Solar Fence Lights Outdoor Waterproof Wireless Solar Deck Lights
- Best Overall: URPOWER Solar Lights Wireless Waterproof Motion Sensor Outdoor Light
- Best For A Tight Budget: LITOM Original Solar Lights Outdoor
- Best For Larger Decks: BAXIA TECHNOLOGY BX-SL-101 Solar Lights Outdoor
|Top 9 Best Solar Deck Lights|
|Davinci Solar Post Lights - Outdoor Post Cap Light for Fence Deck or Patio|
Best For Decoration
|Siedinlar Solar Post Lights Outdoor Fence Deck Caps Light Solar Powered|
Best For All Types Of Weather
|GreenLighting 4 Pack Solar Power Square Outdoor Post Cap Lights|
|JSOT Solar Deck Lights, KASUN Super Bright LED Walkway Light|
Best For Small Decks
|APONUO Solar Deck Lights 16 Pcs, Solar Step Lights|
Best For Decoration
|OKEER Solar Fence Lights Outdoor Waterproof Wireless Solar Deck Lights|
|URPOWER Solar Lights Wireless Waterproof Motion Sensor Outdoor Light|
Best For A Tight Budget
|LITOM Original Solar Lights Outdoor|
Best For Larger Decks
|BAXIA TECHNOLOGY BX-SL-101 Solar Lights Outdoor|
Best Overall: Davinci Solar Post Lights - Outdoor Post Cap Light for Fence Deck or Patio
- UV resistant
- Easy to fit
- Weather-proof construction
- Automatically turns on the lights at night
- Comes with no written instruction
Davinci Solar Post Light Set is a simple and affordable way to enhance your property aesthetically. This set includes 2 packs of light, 15 lumens each. The set’s modern design adds some personal touch to your outdoor area.
It can fit both 4-inch and 6-inch post caps. The set is versatile enough to be mounted on any flat surface, including deck tables or patio. After roughly 8 hours of charging, it can work the whole night. The Davinci Solar Post Light Set senses motion so that you don’t have to worry when to turn on or off.
Apart from being super easy to install, this set is affordable. The unit comes with no written instruction, which is quite annoying for new users.
|Davinci Solar Post Lights - Outdoor Post Cap Light for Fence Deck or Patio Specifications|
Advanced monocrystalline solar panel
Last 100,000 hours
Davinci Solar Post Lights - Outdoor Post Cap Light for Fence Deck or Patio provides great lighting for the front porch, patio and fences.
Best For Decoration: Siedinlar Solar Post Lights Outdoor Fence Deck Caps Light Solar Powered
- Long working life
- Durable material
- Beautiful design
- Easy to install
- Nice lighting effect
- Reasonably priced
- Light is quite dim
This Siedinlar Solar Post Light caught my attention by its unique design. The decorative patterns shade beautiful shades. Thanks to the 3000k warm white light, your porch, patio, fences or yard can look very cozy and romantic at night.
This set can be mounted easily on any 43-inch to 5-inch post. You need to leave these packs in the daytime for at least 6 hours for them to work 8 to 12 hours. They turn on automatically.
Built for highly durable materials with IP44 waterproof, the Siedinlar can withstand tough weather. The LEDs’ life span is up to 10000 hours. However, there are a few comments about the lighting power. Some people think it is not bright enough.
|Siedinlar Solar Post Lights Outdoor Fence Deck Caps Light Solar Powered Specifications|
Siedinlar Solar Post Lights Outdoor Fence Deck Caps Light Solar Powered is a handsome addition for your house.
Best For All Types Of Weather: GreenLighting 4 Pack Solar Power Square Outdoor Post Cap Lights
- Easy to install
- Good-quality lighting
- Fair price
- The white plastic fades after a while.
GreenLighting is hands-down the most durable post light in the market. Adopting heavy-duty ABS plastic, the units can withstand time tests and various weather conditions.
The unit is made to fit 4x4 posts. Each of the lights provides 2 lumens of gentle glow. Thanks to the improved SMD LED, the unit illuminates your pathways without compensating the outdoor décor.
There is a Dusk-to-Dawn timer that activates the hand-free mode, allowing you to turn on the lights once.
GreenLighting has a huge drawback but can easily be turned to a plus. The white plastic, after a while, will fade and become yellow. Since that is inevitable, you can paint it with your favorite color.
|GreenLighting 4 Pack Solar Power Square Outdoor Post Cap Lights Specifications|
6 to 8 hours
8 to 10 hours
Heavy duty ABS plastic
GreenLighting 4 Pack Solar Power Square Outdoor Post Cap Lights are a great choice to illuminate your porch, patio or pathways in any weather.
Best Overall: JSOT Solar Deck Lights, KASUN Super Bright LED Walkway Light
- No wiring required
- Easy to carry and use
- Bright light
- High-quality units
- Nice sleek decorative design
- A pain to mount
JSOT knows how to light your way in style. Their solar deck lights are quite versatile; you can mount in around the deck or pool. No need to worry about installation because it is very easy. This is a wireless unit, so you just need to use double-size adhesive or screws.
The brightness is unbeatable.
The advanced solar panel from JSOT allows the lights to charge more efficiently than the old version. The unit works automatically and stays up for 9 hours continuously. Of course, in not-so-ideal situations such as cloudy skies or snow days, the working duration will decrease.
Anything to complain about? Some people said that it is a pain to mount. Since their back holes are small, you will have a hard time matching them up to pegs your drive into the post.
|JSOT Solar Deck Lights, KASUN Super Bright LED Walkway Light Specifications|
IP 44 waterproof design
Solid stainless steel constructio
If you are looking for the best overall option for deck, pathway, or stairs, JSOT Solar Deck Lights, KASUN Super Bright LED Walkway Light is a way to go.
Best For Small Decks: APONUO Solar Deck Lights 16 Pcs, Solar Step Lights
- Mounts along any edge
- Very bright
- Easy to install
- Screws could be a little longer.
APONUO Solar Deck Lights come as a unit of 16 packs, promising to lighten up your deck in 8 hours. They are no doubt bring the best value for the money, especially when you need lots of light together. This is especially great for a small deck.
Each of the light will sully 3 lumens, offering a nice soft glow. With sufficient light, you can safely find your way in the dark. APONUO Solar Deck Lights are wireless, so installing is a piece of cake.
When it gets dark, the unit will switch the light on itself.
When it comes to mounting the lights, some users find the screws are a bit too small and too short. But that is the only drawback.
|APONUO Solar Deck Lights 16 Pcs, Solar Step Lights Specifications|
3 lumens each
Enjoy endless light in your pathway, fences, railings or even gates with APONUO Solar Deck Lights 16 Pcs, Solar Step Lights.
Best For Decoration: OKEER Solar Fence Lights Outdoor Waterproof Wireless Solar Deck Lights
- Wireless construction
- Suitable for any weathers
- Easy to install
- Two lighting modes
- Stylish design
- Everything is automatic
- Not very bright
If lighting isn’t just what you are after, OKEER Solar Fence Lights can also satisfy your need for decoration as well. This unit of 8 packs come with an upgraded control chip, offering a soft, warm yellow light.
They are certainly the best decorative items for your fences, stairs or pathways. This unit is wireless, you can place them almost everywhere that needs light around your house.
The light needs to stay exposed to the sun for 6 hours to work from dusk to dawn. It will automatically turn on in twilight.
The IP65 waterproof makes the unit ready in any weather, rain, snow or scorching sun. The ABS material also promises this unit will stay durable over time test.
Since this unit only emits a soft glow, the brightness might not be satisfying for some users.
|OKEER Solar Fence Lights Outdoor Waterproof Wireless Solar Deck Lights Specifications|
The IP65 waterproof
OKEER Solar Fence Lights Outdoor Waterproof Wireless Solar Deck Lights will spice up your deck and pathway.
Best Overall: URPOWER Solar Lights Wireless Waterproof Motion Sensor Outdoor Light
- Automatically turn on
- Easy to install
- Work right out of the box
- Great sensing range
If you want some light for your backyard gathering, smoking or simply grabbing a few lettuce leaves in the garden for dinner, URPOWER solar lights are a perfect option.
My first impression of this unit is great. It works right out of the box. You need to use the provided pin to click the lights on. The installation is also a piece of cake.
URPOWER Solar Lights aren’t the cheap mini-units you often see. They are small but powerfully bright. The motion sensor allows it to turn on and off when it is dark or someone approaches within 10 feet.
This unit is IP64 waterproof, withstanding tough weather conditions.
|URPOWER Solar Lights Wireless Waterproof Motion Sensor Outdoor Light Specifications|
8 led lights
P64 waterproof and heatproof
URPOWER Solar Lights Wireless Waterproof Motion Sensor Outdoor Light is hands-down the most powerful floodlight for your gardens, yards or driveways.
Best For A Tight Budget: LITOM Original Solar Lights Outdoor
- Wide sensing angle and range
- Cover a large area
- Durable materials
- Long hours of lighting
Is budget one of your biggest concerns? LITOM has the solution. Its solar lights come with high-quality LEDs and the most advanced energy management chip.
This is the first unit with wide-range design in the market. That means the LITOM solar lights offer increased angle and the area of illumination by 50%. Each light can cover up to 200 square feet.
This unit charges for 4 hours and works for the next 8 hours. It only takes 20 seconds for the motion sensor to turn the light on. The URPOWER also offers 3 working modes, suitable for different lighting needs.
|LITOM Original Solar Lights Outdoor Specifications|
200 square feet
3 working modes
FCC certification for LEDs
Premium ABS & PP material
suitable for different lighting needs.
LITOM Original Solar Lights Outdoor is an affordable unit to lighten up your front doors, garages, back yards, and porches.
Best For Larger Decks: BAXIA TECHNOLOGY BX-SL-101 Solar Lights Outdoor
- Energy saving
- Super bright
- Easy to install
- Worth the money
- Great for big area
- Screws are cheap metal
- Performed flawlessly over summer heat and winter cold
Last but not least, BAXIA TECHNOLOGY BX-SL-101 Solar Lights consist of 28 powerful LEDs, ready to spice up your spacious deck. The unit has no dim mode to increase its overall life span.
BAXIA solar lights have a powerful motion sensor. Not only it can turn on itself right after the dark but also the unit can sense motion within 16 feet.
For anyone who struggles to find a powerful unit to provide lights for their spacious deck or patio. The motion angle is 120 degrees, supplying excellent illumination. In total, it creates 400 lumens, great brightness for safety and security.
Anything to complain about? Yes, the screws seem to make out of cheap metal.
|BAXIA TECHNOLOGY BX-SL-101 Solar Lights Outdoor Specifications|
Waterproof IP 65
BAXIA TECHNOLOGY BX-SL-101 Solar Lights Outdoor will blow your mind away with its brightness. A must-have lighting system for your large deck.
How To Choose The Best Solar Deck Lights?
Types of solar deck lights
As you can see there are 3 different types of solar lights presented above. Each offers benefits and drawbacks.
Floodlight offers broad-beamed, wide-spectrum cover. It is suitable for a large area.
Step light, as the name suggests, is often used for stairs, steps or limited areas.
Post light also offers a wide-spectrum light but not as high-density as its counterpart floodlight.
- We all have experienced this. You buy a nice-looking unit and realize that it breaks after a few weeks.
- Yes, the material is an important factor to determine the durability of solar lights. Do not settle down for some cheap flimsy units.
- Make sure that you double-check the waterproof ability of the lights before buying them.
- Next, always check for a warranty. You should know when you can send your broken package for repair or replacement.
- Some issues will be covered by manufacturers and some don’t. C
This is not just a small feature but a powerful one. You certainly don’t want your bright light to bother the neighbors or are always conscious about when to turn it on or off.
Find a unit with a motion sensor and let it do the job for you.
Which Brands Make The Best Solar Deck Lights?
- BAXIA is one of the leading companies focusing on the lighting system. The company is famous for its various products of solar lights, string lights, and spotlights. Other than that, BAXIA also presents diffusers and Bluetooth speakers.
- When it comes to BAXIA’s solar light system, you can rest assured about the quality. Their solar lights are made of the most durable materials with high weather-resistance. The models vary in price and designs, making it easy to pick your favorite item.
- You can easily find LITOM solar lighting units in the market. They offer solar wall lights, solar string lights, spotlights with or without a motion sensor. The company was found in 2013 with a strong determination to bring innovation and technology into solar lighting units.
- At the moment, the company helps to lighten up over 5000000 people’s patios, pathways, porches with their solar lights. LITOM is famous not only for its high-quality products but also the extraordinary customer service.
- URPOWER offers a wide range of electronics and personal care products, ranging from diffusers to pet seat covers. Besides, they also sell home improvement items such as solar lights. The motor of the URPOWER is quite simple. They create affordable products at premium quality.
- OKEER is a newly established manufacturer. Its main products are solar lights for both decorative purposes. They look great on the different landscapes, give off a warm light and beautiful lighting patterns.
- Davinci offers a dazzling array of multi-purpose solar lights. They work on different surfaces. Davinci's solar lights are famous for being durable. They come in many designs too.
- APONUO is the leading company in the field of solar lighting. The company produces not only solar lights for home use but also solar street lights. APONOU’s solar lights come with different purposes, prices and designs.
- People love Siedinlar’s solar lights because of their durability and affordability. Siedinlar’s most well-known products are deck and post solar lights. You can find a lot of beautifully designed post solar lights from Siedinlar.
- GreenLighting has options that can fit your every need, from decoration to security alert. The products are highly versatile and energy-efficient.
- JSOT surprises users with many notable features and functions. Its products often come with the most efficient solar panels and motion sensors.
How long do solar deck lights Last?
Solar lights have become an alternative for traditional ones to upgrade your outdoor illumination system. These units are not only eco-friendly but also highly durable. At some point, you might want to know how durable are solar deck lights and whether your investment makes sense.
The durability of solar deck lights depends on several factors.
Where you put the lights can tremendously affect their longevity. Whether they stay close to another artificial lighting will enhance or decrease their durability too. You need to make sure that you place the unit where they can easily get sunlight.
If they stay too far from direct sunlight or too close to streets or house lighting, their sensors will be activated and they will stay in low lighting mode all the time.
The solar panels
You also need to make sure that the solar panels are clean. Dirt and germs can prevent the panels to convert sunlight into energy. This is especially important when you place your lights near or in the garden.
My advice is to clean the surface of solar panels any other weeks to make sure they get enough sunlight.
Most solar deck lights feature weather-resistant proof. However, you still need a good amount of sunlight to function best. Heavy snow and strong wind threaten their performance.
Therefore, if you want to extend the durability and performance, you might want to store them somewhere in these periods.
A solar lighting unit can stay as long as 4 years. After that, you need to change parts of the lights to make sure they are up and running. These factors can enhance and decrease the overall durability of a solar lighting unit.
How do solar deck lights work?
Here is some science for you.
It is no magic that sunlight can be converted into light. The photovoltaic effect stimulates the conversion of light into energy. The dark panel you see in every solar deck lights is full of solar cells.
Each solar cell contains several layers of crystalline silicon and chemicals. These chemicals produce negatively-charged electrons and positively-charged space. When the sunlight goes through the panel, it stimulates negatively-charged electrons and connects them to space.
That’s where electricity forms. This stream of electrons will be transferred through wires to a battery to store.
When the dark approaches, the solar cells will stop functioning. The solar deck unit will get electricity from the battery to supply for lighting throughout the night.
Can you leave solar lights out all winter?
The short answer is yes. Most solar lights are weatherproof, so they can endure rain and snow. However, you can store it during wintertime if you worry about the weather. Remember that the lights will need a good charge after a while.
Do you leave solar lights switched on?
You can control when to switch the light on. If you want it to work all day, you just need to leave the switch on. However, most modern solar lights come with automatic sensors that allow them to switch on/off in low light mode.
Can you leave solar lights out in the rain?
You shouldn’t have any trouble leaving the lights out in the rain. Most solar lights feature IP waterproof. Their solid construction also prevents the water and moisture to enter the battery.
These solar deck lights will surprise you in many different ways. They not only perform well in different weather conditions and surfaces but also features many useful functions. To choose the most suitable product, do consider your own lighting needs, budget and location. Have fun shopping!