A normal garden hose may kink, leading to brokerage or leakage. A non-kinking garden hose made of rubber or latex helps you avoid this situation and save you some money.
Here are the best non kinking garden hoses you can buy in 2020:
- Best Overall: Gardguard 50ft Expandable Garden Hose
- Multi-Purpose: 100 FT Expandable Garden Water Hose Pipe
- Sturdy & Flexible: Nifty Grower 100ft Garden Hose
- Best For Extreme Weather: Worth Garden Kink-Free 50 ft. Hose
- Best For Misting Flowers: Panda Grip 100ft
- Best For Hobbyist Gardeners: INNAV8 Expandable Garden Hose 50FT
|Best Non Kinking Garden Hose: Top 6 Picks|
|Gardguard 50ft Expandable Garden Hose|
|100 FT Expandable Garden Water Hose Pipe|
Sturdy & Flexible
|Nifty Grower 100ft Garden Hose|
Best For Extreme Weather
|Worth Garden Kink-Free 50 ft. Hose|
Best For Misting Flowers
|Panda Grip 100ft|
Best For Hobbyist Gardeners
|INNAV8 Expandable Garden Hose 50FT|
Best Overall: Gardguard 50ft Expandable Garden Hose
- 3-Layer Latex withstands from -4℉(-20℃) to 122℉(50℃)
- Great maneuverability; Lightweight
- 9 pattern nozzle; Brass connectors
- Comes with a storage bag
- Maybe short for a large garden
Gardguard 50ft is a great choice for your garden. The hose is composed of 3-layer latex: two layers of high-density latex and a cover of 3300D polyester fabric. This makes the hose able to withstand extreme temperature, from -4℉(-20℃) to 122℉(50℃), so you can confidently place the hose outside during winter without damaging it. The hose is also solid enough that it won’t leak or kink. Despite having great durability, the hose is lightweight (only 3.05 pounds) that makes it very easy to move it around.
This hose is expandable from 17ft to 50ft when the water pressure is on, giving the convenience of easy storage. It comes with a bag, you can put the hose into the bag and store it in a dry and cool place when it is not in use.
Gardguard 50ft features brass connectors that won’t rust, leak or crack for long-term durability. You can easily connect the hose to faucets without any additional adapter. The hose comes with a 9 pattern nozzle for multi-purpose use, consisting of shower, mist, flat, jet, soaker, angle, center, full, and cone. The nozzle’s handle has rubber pads for non-slipping and comfortable usage.
The only drawback is its length. A few may find it is not long enough to cover all their gardens.
|Gardguard 50ft Expandable Garden Hose Specifications|
9 pattern nozzle
3 time expanding design
-4℉(-20℃) - 122℉(50℃)
Gardguard 50ft is made of 3-Layer Latex, which is great at both durability and maneuverability.
Multi-Purpose: 100 FT Expandable Garden Water Hose Pipe
- Up to 100ft
- 8 Pattern Nozzle; Brass Tap Connectors
- Comes with a Hose Hanger, a Storage Bag
- Does not withstand severe temperature
This hose can be expanded from just about 30ft to 100ft when water pressure is on, saving you a lot of space when not being in use. It also comes with a bag and a hanger for easier storage. Moreover, this hose is also very affordable.
It is made of natural latex with aluminum end-ducting and brass connectors, preventing it from any leakage, breakage, kinks. The nozzle has 8 patterns, consisting of Shower, Centre, Stream, Cone, Angle, Flat, Full, Mist. This nozzle, along with the extended length, gives you the versatility of use, from watering lawns, washing cars to flushing snow or showering dogs.
This hose does not withstand extreme temperatures like Gardguard 50ft, so you should be cautious when winter comes or when connecting it to a hot water tap.
|100 FT Expandable Garden Water Hose Pipe Specifications|
8 Function Spray Gun Nozzle
3 times expansion length
Brass tap connectors
This 100ft hose has great length and versatility of use, from watering lawns to washing cars.
Sturdy & Flexible: Nifty Grower 100ft Garden Hose
- Sturdy yet Flexible
- Brass fittings
- Expandable, Maneuverable, Kink and tangle free
- 3-layer latex; withstand water pressure 3-12 Bar & temperature 5℃-45℃
- Cannot be placed outside during winter
Nifty Grower 100ft is a great choice for a larger garden. It is made of 3-layer latex with extra strength fabric as the outside cover, which is sturdy yet lightweight and flexible enough. When water flows inside the hose, it expanses from 34ft to 100ft, you can move the hose around easily without kinks or tangles.
Like other high-quality hoses, Nifty Grower 100ft has brass fittings, preventing it from being rusted or leaking water. This Nifty Grower 100ft has the durability equivalent to Gardguard 50ft, but has double length. So, it is ideal for larger gardens.
However, Nifty Grower 100ft does not withstand below zero (celsius degree), so you may not want to place it outside when winter comes.
|Nifty Grower 100ft Garden Hose Specifications|
3 times expansion length
Brass tap connectors
Water pressure 3-12 Bar
Nifty Grower 100ft has great sturdiness, durability, maneuverability, ideal for large gardens.
Best For Extreme Weather: Worth Garden Kink-Free 50 ft. Hose
- 5-layers of PVC material
- Durable Heavy Duty, Brass Fittings
- Withstand -20°C - 60°C
- 12-Year Warranty
- Heavy and Not so easy to move the hose around
Worth Garden 50ft hose has 5 layers! Which includes non-twist PVC, high-grade industrial rubber, and abrasion-resistant exterior. This makes the hose super durable. Indeed, it withstands double the pressure of normal water - up to 30 bar, and extreme weather -20°C - 60°C. Thanks to the abrasion-resistant exterior, the hose won’t be damaged when being pulled along a driveway or around a corner.
Moreover, it also features brass fittings to prevent it from any rust or leakage. To prove their high quality, Worth Garden offers 12 years of warranty for this hose. So you can buy it with total confidence.
However, the drawback is that the hose is quite heavy, about 10 lbs. It is also not so easy to be pulled around. This is due to the heavy-duty hose materials.
|Worth Garden Kink-Free 50 ft. Hose Specifications|
-20°C - 60°C
Worth Garden 50ft is super heavy duty and durable, able to withstand any weather conditions.
Best For Misting Flowers: Panda Grip 100ft
- 9-layer latex yet super lightweight
- 10 pattern nozzle
- Easy to carry, store, and use
- No bursts, leaks, cracks, kinks or tangles
- Does not withstand high water pressure or below zero temperature (celsius degree)
Panda Grip 100ft has extended length and is made of 9-layer latex, but is super lightweight. It is only more than 4lbs for 100ft hose and about 2lbs for 50ft hose. The multi-latex, along with brass fittings, ensures no bursts, leaks, cracks, kinks or tangles. It is also expandable, from 34ft to 100ft when water flows in it. Overall, this is a very easy hose to carry, store, and use.
The nozzle is exceptional. It has 10 patterns for all the purposes, consisting of Full, Angle, Shower, Mist, Jet, Flat, Cone, Soaker, 1/2Vert, and Center. The misting pattern is great, it’s gentle on sensitive flowers.
However, Panda Grip 100ft is not so heavy-duty. It does not withstand high water pressure or below zero temperature (celsius degree).
|Panda Grip 100ft Specifications|
10 pattern nozzle
Panda Grip 100ft has one of the greatest spray nozzles with 10 patterns, especially for misting flowers.
Best For Hobbyist Gardeners: INNAV8 Expandable Garden Hose 50FT
- Very affordable
- No twist, tangle or kink
- Brass fittings with brass on/off valve
- Lightweight, flexible and reliable
- Does not come with nozzle
INNAV8 50ft is the most affordable on this list. It is also super lightweight, just above 2.5lbs a bit. INNAV8 50ft is easy to use, move, handle and store. Overall, this is a very good choice for hobbyist gardeners.
The fittings are all brass with brass on/off valve for easy connecting to taps, ensuring no leak or rust.
However, INNAV8 50ft does not come with a nozzle. It is also not so heavy duty.
|INNAV8 Expandable Garden Hose 50FT Specifications|
Rubber & Fabric
Brass fittings with brass on/off valve
INNAV8 50ft is a very affordable non-kinking garden hose for hobbyist gardeners.
How To Choose The Best Non Kinking Garden Hoses?
- A reinforced and rubber hose that is sturdy enough does not kink. First, make sure the hose is made of multi-layer latex/rubber. It is even better if the exterior is made of abrasion-resistant fabric (3300D polyester fabric is the best) so that the hose won’t get damaged when being pulled across driveways or around corners.
- You’ll also want the fittings/connectors to be made of brass so they won’t get rusted. Ensure them are fitting enough so that water won’t leak.
- Weather-resistance is another criterion. Some top hoses can withstand extreme weather from -20°C to 60°C, which means you don’t need to worry when the winter comes. The ability to withstand high water pressure is also desired.
- Last but not least, it’s the spray nozzle. 8-pattern, 9-pattern, or even 10-pattern nozzle give you the versatility of use, from watering lawns, washing cars to flushing snow or showering dogs.
Which Brands Make The Best Non Kinking Garden Hoses?
- There are not so many big brands when it comes to garden hose makers. Among them, Worth Gardening may be the biggest brand.
- Worth Gardening is a Chinese company, headquartered in Shanghai. They has three factories in China to manufacture first-class yet affordable gardening products, from cutting tools, planters, sprayers to hoses. With all of its reputation, Worth Gardening is a brand you can trust.
How do I keep my garden hose from kinking?
An easy solution is to get a non-kinking garden hose or use a reel. If you already have a normal hose at your home, you can prevent it from kinking by following these simple tips:
Stretch the hose while using it.
Use L-hooks for storage if you don’t have enough place to stretch the hose.
When storing the hose, wrap it around nicely.
To drain water, hold the hose up and wrap it around.
These simple tips will help keep your garden hose from kinking.
Is there a garden hose that doesn't kink?
Yes. A reinforced and rubber hose that is sturdy enough does not kink. Following are my top 6 pick:
- Gardguard 50ft Expandable Garden Hose - Best overall
- 100 FT Expandable Garden Water Hose Pipe - Multi-purpose
- Nifty Grower 100ft Garden Hose - Sturdy & flexible
- Worth Garden Kink-Free 50 ft. Hose - Best for extreme weather
- Panda Grip 100ft - Best for misting flowers
- INNAV8 Expandable Garden Hose 50FT - Best for hobbyist gardeners
You can see my detailed reivew above.
How do you roll a hose without a kink?
Disconnect it from the faucet. Stretch it along on a ground. Hold one end up. Wrap it around slowly, circle by circle. You’ll drain the water remained in the hose and coil the hose without a kink at the same time.
Are expandable garden hoses any good?
Yes. First, they are very lightweight compared to normal hoses. Second, they do not kink or twist. Third, they are self-shrinking, which means the water pressure will expand the hose up to 3 times, and when the water pressure is off, the hose restores to its normal length - easy for storage. And the last, when the hoses are automatically shrinking, the water remained in it is likely to drain out.
Can you use expandable hose with a pressure washer?
Yes, you can but you shouldn’t. A garden hose is very long, so the pressure washer will consume more energy when you use it with a garden hose. Moreover, the water pressure that a pressure washer produces may exceed the amount that an expandable hose can withstand, making it broken. Make sure you compared two numbers before doing this.
A garden hose does not cost a lot. But if you have to replace it frequently, it is so annoying. Instead, getting a non-kinking garden hose can help you avoid this situation. Hope that my review is helpful for you.