Nothing is worse than working in an uninsulated garage during winter. If you’re currently in this case and also looking for a good way to improve your workplace, our suggestion is a heater.
Here’s a complete guide to finding the best heater for uninsulated garage.
Here are the best heaters for uninsulated garage:
- Best Overall (Propane Heater): STANLEY ST-60HB2-GFA
- Best For Large Garage (Propane Heater): Mr. Heater Corporation Convection Heater, 75k to 200 BTU/HR
- Quiet - Propane Heater (Propane Heater): Comfort Zone 240V 25600 BTU
- Best Overall (Electric Heater): Fahrenheat FUH Electric Heater
- Compact - Electric Heater (Electric Heater): Heat Storm Deluxe Mounted Space Infrared Wall Heater
- Most Durable (Electric Heater): Comfort Zone CZ220 5,000W, Fan-Forced Ceiling Mount Heater
|6 Best Heaters For Uninsulated Garage|
| STANLEY ST-60HB2-GFA|
Best For Large Garage
| Mr. Heater Corporation Convection Heater, 75k to 200 BTU/HR|
Quiet - Propane Heater
| Comfort Zone 240V 25600 BTU|
| Fahrenheat FUH Electric Heater|
Compact - Electric Heater
| Heat Storm Deluxe Mounted Space Infrared Wall Heater|
| Comfort Zone CZ220 5,000W, Fan-Forced Ceiling Mount Heater|
Best Overall (Propane Heater): STANLEY ST-60HB2-GFA
- Run quietly
- Able to heat up a 1500-square-foot uninsulated garage fast – the power range of 60,000 BTU
- Easy to ignite - a push-button Piezo ignitor
- Great maneuverability - compact and lightweight
- The on/off switch could be better
- No temperature control
STANLEY ST-60HB2-GFA is a really good deal for the price.
It not only runs quietly but also heats up a 1500-square-foot uninsulated garage quickly. Unlike other propane heaters, this model doesn’t require matches or batteries to ignite because it’s built with a push-button Piezo ignitor.
The heavy-duty exterior design makes it work perfectly in any condition, especially outdoors.
Last but not least, it is compact and lightweight for great maneuverability or transport.
|STANLEY ST-60HB2-GFA Specifications|
17 x 9 x 12 inches
1,500 square feet
the power range of 60,000 BTU
a push-button Piezo ignitor
compact and lightweight
heavy-duty exterior design
Many heaters hardly deliver a balance of power, quietness, and durability, but the STANLEY ST-60HB2-GFA stands out as its best overall performance.
Best For Large Garage (Propane Heater): Mr. Heater Corporation Convection Heater, 75k to 200 BTU/HR
- Powerful enough to heat up a 5,000-square-foot area – offer 200,000 BTU/hour of power
- Easy to adjust the temperature – various heat settings
- Safe to use - standing pilot
- It runs a bit loudly
Built with a 100-pound fuel tank and able to deliver up to 200,000 BTU/hour, the Mr. Heater Corporation Convection Heater offers a step-up performance.
It can provide comfortable warmth to an ultra-large space of 5,000 square feet in area and the runtime is up to 29 hours. At the maximum power setting, it can continuously run in 2.16 hours.
About safety, you don’t have to worry when using this heater due to its standing pilot. For the price, this option is a steal.
|Mr. Heater Corporation Convection Heater, 75k to 200 BTU/HR Specifications|
19.25 x 16.5 x 18.5 inches
75k to 200k BTU/HR
5,000 sq. Ft.
offer 200,000 BTU/hour of power
various heat settings
Offering the highest power ranges, the Mr. Heater Corporation Convection Heater undoubtedly is our solid choice for large garages.
Quiet - Propane Heater (Propane Heater): Comfort Zone 240V 25600 BTU
- Perfect for a 1000-square-foot space area - delivers 25600 BTU of power
- Customizable and convenient to use – two heating modes, a timer, and a remote control
- Not disturb your work – quiet operation & the airflow of 790-820 CFM
- Require you to buy the wiring to install it
This heater is amazing!
Despite the modest silhouette, it delivers 25600 BTU of power, along with two heat settings that can heat up a 1000-square-foot space area. The added fan-forced offers even, comfortable heat distribution.
But our most favorite thing is that it runs quietly that won’t disturb your work in the garage.
Having a remote control allows you to place the heater in an efficient position, not the one where you have to reach it.
|Comfort Zone 240V 25600 BTU Specifications|
17.9 x 14.3 x 14 inches
1000 square feet
delivers 25600 BTU of power
two heating modes, a timer, and a remote control
quiet operation & the airflow of 790-820 CFM
Noise is the most common issue when choosing a heater for uninsulated garages as many models run pretty loudly. But when it comes to the Comfort Zone 240V 25600 BTU, that’s a different story.
Best Overall (Electric Heater): Fahrenheat FUH Electric Heater
- Durable and long-lasting – the unique fan operation for efficient overheating prevention
- Customizable and controllable - The high-level cutout automatically shuts off
- Versatile - compatible with both 240V and 208V electrical system
- Easy to utilize – feature adjustable louvers & include a ceiling mounting bracket
Compared to other counterparts, the Fahrenheat FUH Electric Heater gives us the highest satisfaction due to its perfect balance of structural tolerance, safety, and functionality.
It is durable, easy to customize the temperature range, and powerful enough to heat up a 400-square-foot area within minutes.
It’s also durable and long-lasting, the key of which is the unique fan operation. It keeps running until the heating element is cooled down, even when the heater is turned off or at the highest capacity. A smart overheating protection feature!
A bonus is that it’s compatible with both 240V and 208V electrical systems.
|Fahrenheat FUH Electric Heater Specifications|
12.5 x 12.4 x 14 inches
45 to 135 degrees Fahrenheit,
400 square feet.
the unique fan operation for efficient overheating prevention
The high-level cutout automatically shuts off
compatible with both 240V and 208V electrical system
feature adjustable louvers & include a ceiling mounting bracket
Don’t hesitate to try the Fahrenheat FUH Electric Heater. In terms of electric heaters for uninsulated garages, it’s the best overall performer.
Compact - Electric Heater (Electric Heater): Heat Storm Deluxe Mounted Space Infrared Wall Heater
- Look stylish and elegant
- Easy to use – work well with standard 110V outlets
- High safety levels – cool-touch exterior materials & tip-over protection
- Dependable – the manufacturer’s one-year warranty
- Wish the fan was faster
- The fan speed settings need improvement
Not only the most compact option in this category, but the Heat Storm Deluxe Mounted Space Infrared Wall Heater also looks stylish and elegant, which perfectly suits different garage décor styles.
It is easily plugged into any standard 110V outlet while the cord is easily hidden behind it for aesthetics.
We love that its exterior shell is cool to touch and moreover, it is built with tip-over protection for safety. Buy it with confidence as your purchase will be under the manufacturer’s one-year warranty.
|Heat Storm Deluxe Mounted Space Infrared Wall Heater Specifications|
13 x 3.63 x 16.5 inches
40-99 degrees Fahrenheit
600 square feet.
work well with standard 110V outlets
cool-touch exterior materials & tip-over protection
the manufacturer’s one-year warranty
While offering a huge amount of power, the Heat Storm Deluxe Mounted Space Infrared Wall Heater surprised us because of its compact and space-saving design.
Most Durable (Electric Heater): Comfort Zone CZ220 5,000W, Fan-Forced Ceiling Mount Heater
- Superior durability - commercial-grade heavy-gauge steel material
- Increased safety level - overheating protection and power indicator light
- Offer even, customizable warmth distribution - fan-forced design and louvers with various adjustable airflow angles
- Convenient to use - dual knob thermostat
- The fan could be assembled better
If you appreciate durable, heavy-duty heaters that hold up well over seasons or years of usage, then the Comfort Zone CZ220 is worth a try.
It emphasizes commercial-grade heavy-gauge steel material that can withstand uninsulated conditions. Meanwhile, the overheating protection and power indicator light enhance its safety.
The fan-forced design and the louvers with various adjustable airflow angles ensure warmth is evenly distributed throughout your garage.
It’s also easy to adjust thanks to the dual knob thermostat.
|Comfort Zone CZ220 5,000W, Fan-Forced Ceiling Mount Heater Specifications|
17.25 x 13.7 x 14.5 inches
40 – 150 degrees F
1,000 square feet
commercial-grade heavy-gauge steel material
overheating protection and power indicator light
fan-forced design and louvers with various adjustable airflow angles
dual knob thermostat
Highlighting heavy-gauge steel construction, the Comfort Zone CZ220 is our favorite choice when it comes to the most durable electric heater for uninsulated garages.
How To Choose The Best Heater For Uninsulated Garage?
For your garage, there are four best types of heaters for you to choose from.
- Wall-mounted infrared heaters: this is probably the best option for your uninsulated garage. A wall-mounted helps distribute the heat the most effectively. However, it costs more than the other type.
- Tower heaters: you just need to plug the heat in and it will start heating the entire garage and they are cheaper. But this type is not suitable for garages with big workbenches and other big items because they will block the heat.
- Propane convection heaters: heaters of this type are small but release heat in all directions so you should put them in the middle of the garage. But it’s only suitable for 1-2 car garages.
- Propane forced-air heaters: instead of all directions, this type of heater releases heat in a certain direction. It’s suitable for over 3-car garages.
As a rule of thumb, a small heater produces less heat and works better for a small garage. Therefore, when choosing a heater, you need to consider if it’s big enough for your garage.
Regarding this factor, you must consider the power rating, which is indicated in BTUs. This rating shows you the maximum heat amount produced by the heater.
You will also need to consider the size of your garage when choosing a power output so that you will have enough heat to warm up the entire garage without overdoing anything.
- Overheated protection: this feature will shut down the heater automatically if the temperature surpasses the set limit.
- Tip-over switch: it will shut down the heater automatically if the heater tips over. This feature is common among oil-filled heaters.
- Cool to touch feature: this feature helps you avoid burns if you accidentally touch the heater’s exterior.
- Fan system: when the heater produces excess heat, this system will blow it away.
- Inbuilt thermostat system: this feature controls how much energy the heater uses.
Which Brands Make The Best Heater For Uninsulated Garage?
Founded in 1843, this brand has been trusted by homeowners and professionals around the world. Its products are innovative, reliable, quality, and valuable.
Since 1957, this brand has become a leading heater brand and one of the best places to buy from. Here, you will find products with high quality, comfort, and dependability.
As a renowned brand of heaters, this company ensures safety and reliability when delivering its products to consumers.
If you are looking for a smart product, this brand is for you. It focuses on design to provide safety with its products.
Should I heat my garage in winter?
Yes, of course, because this will maintain a warmer atmosphere inside the garage for you.
What size heater do I need to heat my garage?
This depends on the size of your garage. Specifically, a 10W heater is enough for 1 square foot of area. For instance, if your garage is 560 feet square, you need a 5600W heater.
How can I insulate my garage cheaply?
The best way to insulate your garage is using fiberglass insulation that’s sold in batts or rolls.
Does a heated garage cause rust?
Yes, a heated garage is wetter than an unheated one.
How long does a heater last?
A heater can last for about 15-20 years.
We have included all the useful information related to choosing the best heater for uninsulated garage in this post. Hopefully, you will be able to find the perfect appliance to use in your garage and feel comfortable throughout the entire time you work there.