While energy-saving and applications are two paramount factors in finding which lamp to install, the dusk-to-dawn lights have them all. Furthermore, they are easy to install and long-lasting. If you want some, here are 9 best dusk-to-dawn light options in the market.
Here are the best dusk to dawn lights you can buy in 2023:
- Best Overall: Shine Tech LED Security Area Light 40 Watts
- Best For Patio: LEPOWER 35W Dusk to Dawn LED Security Lights
- Best For Security Purpose: Amico 20W LED Security Lights
- Best Overall: ALPHA 1080X Street Light
- Best For Parking Lot: 200W LED Parking Lot Lights
- Ultra-Bright: GENPAR 200W Shoebox LED Parking Lot Light
- Best For Wet Locations: Maxxima LED Outdoor Wall Light
- Best For Garden: Cloudy Bay Outdoor Wall Lantern
- Best For Courtyard: CINOTON LED Wall Pack Light
|Top 9 Best Dusk To Dawn Lights|
|Shine Tech LED Security Area Light 40 Watts|
Best For Patio
|LEPOWER 35W Dusk to Dawn LED Security Lights|
Best For Security Purpose
|Amico 20W LED Security Lights|
|ALPHA 1080X Street Light|
Best For Parking Lot
|200W LED Parking Lot Lights|
|GENPAR 200W Shoebox LED Parking Lot Light|
Best For Wet Locations
|Maxxima LED Outdoor Wall Light|
Best For Garden
|Cloudy Bay Outdoor Wall Lantern|
Best For Courtyard
|CINOTON LED Wall Pack Light|
Best Overall: Shine Tech LED Security Area Light 40 Watts
- Feature a photo controller for automatic dusk-till-dawn timing to ensure you’ll have good light wherever you need it
- Compared to the traditional lights, this reduces energy consumption by 88% to save more power
- Long lifetime – up to 14 years – to save more money in the long term
- It can only be mounted on versatile service
- The way it’s mounted to a pole is cheesy
- Its light beam is a bit limited, resulting in less horizontal light delivered
No matter where you need it, this Shine Tech LED light will surely give you consistent illumination.
It emphasizes a dusk-to-dawn photocell sensor to automatically turn off during the day, resulting in two biggest advantages. One, it decreases energy consumption by up to 88% compared to the traditional mercury vapor lights and two, its lifetime is lengthened up to 14 years or 50,000 hours.
Shine Tech LED light also gives you plenty of light.
It delivers 5500L of brightness which enables you to shine 107 feet in diameter, giving you versatile applications. Such as guarding your storage place, barn, on the walkways, or porches.
In other words, using this light is a great way to help you save more.
|Shine Tech LED Security Area Light 40 Watts Specifications|
40 Watts - Barn Light Dusk to Dawn with Photocell - Ultra Bright Yard Light 5500 Lumens
400W Incandescent or 150W HID Light Equal
Designed to meet versatile lighting needs in human’s practical life with superior durability and brightness, Shine Tech LED Light is the best overall option for any homeowners.
Best For Patio: LEPOWER 35W Dusk to Dawn LED Security Lights
- Can deliver 3500lm of brightness at rock low-power – 35W – to shine brighter yet save energy more
- Excellent heat dissipation to last longer – over 50k hours
- Its light head is adjustable for different light beams
- Meet FCC & ETL standards for superior safety, durability, and performance
- Provide limited purchase variations
- The base is unusually shallow -> might need some more brackets to fit in
LEPOWER LED Light is specifically designed to be 80% more energy-saving than any 175W traditional halogen bulbs, better illumination than normal chips, and more durable than other brands.
Such a wonderful performance is a big thank you to its upgraded Samsung LED lamp bead with a filter lens.
At 35W, it produces 3500 lumens of brightness with a soft, anti-glare glow. The entire LED light, on the other hand, is made of aluminum – the material that is known for its excellent heat dissipation – to last over 50k hours without losing its brightness.
Soup-up its durability is the IP65 waterproof rating and FCC & ETL certifications. But the best thing is you can adjust the light head to get multiple angles as wanted.
|LEPOWER 35W Dusk to Dawn LED Security Lights Specifications|
35W Dusk to Dawn LED Security Lights Outdoor
3500LM LED Flood Light Outdoor
Full Metal, 6000K, IP65 Waterproof 3 Head
If it is time to leverage your patio lighting, the LEPOWER Dusk-Till-Dawn light is our top recommendation.
Best For Security Purpose: Amico 20W LED Security Lights
- Deliver 1800lm output while consuming just 20W – super economical yet bright enough for security purposes
- Easy to mount onto the wall or any surface
- The given foam for mounting might be a bit thicker than needed in some applications
For those who want something that can be a porch light sometimes and for security purposes at other times, the Amico 20W is perfect.
You can mount it easily to the wall using a standard ½” threaded mount and as adopted IP65 waterproofing design, this light can withstand any harsh weather conditions with ease.
It is economical, too.
Compared to the 180W halogen bulbs, it runs at a super low-energy of 20W to deliver 1800lm of brightness with 6000K daylight white light.
Therefore, it can cut down your monthly electricity bill up to 88% while keeping your landscape bright from dusk till dawn without any switch.
|Amico 20W LED Security Lights Specifications|
20W LED Security Lights [180W Equivalent] 5000K IP65 Waterproof Dual Head
Delivering 6000K daylight white light with 1800lm output, all run at only 20W, we find this Amico LED light is the best security light to shine overnight economically.
Best Overall: ALPHA 1080X Street Light
- Provide 3-mode settings, multiple angle adjustments, and light colors to be the most versatile
- Include everything needed for setup -> save time and effort
- Worked by solar energy to save on your electricity bills
- Can’t work at ambient temperature under 25 degrees C
- Not as bright as other street lights in our review roster
The ALPHA 1080X might not be the brightest street light in this category but it’s the most versatile when delivering multiple angle settings and 3 lighting modes to provide within 165lm to 1300lm.
The best thing is aside from the initial costs (which are not expensive at all), there’re no other fees to pay. No demand charges, electric usage nor electric wiring. It’s because the entire light works on solar power and runs by a lithium battery (also provided) with 1500 cycle life.
The set also comes with everything needed for installation, including a slim-profile pole mount, a wall mount, locking nuts, battery, an Industrial grade PIR Motion Sensor, and a mounting kit. So the price is very reasonable, if not saying bang for bucks.
|ALPHA 1080X Street Light Specifications|
dim mode 165 lumen, full brightness 1300 lumen
Dim mode: 12 hours
Full mode: 2 hours
Dim mode 165 lumens
Full brightness 1300 lumen
Charge A1080X in full sun for 8 hours before use
Designed with durability, economics, and simplicity in mind, the ALPHA 1080X is the best bet for people who want to save more in the long term.
Best For Parking Lot: 200W LED Parking Lot Lights
- Provide 26,000-lumen output to shine bright like daylight
- Made of high-quality aluminum alloy -> prevent the light from overheating to keep it last longer
- No IR or UV radiations -> skin-friendly
- Not helpful instructions
- The provided mounting bracket doesn’t have extra room for added lights
Providing over 26,000 lumens at 5000K daylight white, the LEDMO 200W light can shine bright a 60’x100’ parking lot like daylight at night.
It is constructed from plenty of high-quality LED lamp beads with a wide cutting surface and 90-degree adjustable head to excel the illumination without a limited light beam. The best thing is when one beam stops working, it doesn’t flicker, which makes the light work efficiently longer.
Producing no IR or UV radiation is another bonus, too!
Of course, at such high illumination, many people will feel confused about its heat dissipation. Well, just worry-free as the alloy of this light is made of 100% high-quality aluminum.
|200W LED Parking Lot Lights Specifications|
To save your parking lot from the dark, the lights must be extraordinarily bright. With 26k lumen output, the LEDMO 200W light is our recommendation.
Ultra-Bright: GENPAR 200W Shoebox LED Parking Lot Light
- You can install it on your own
- It can be adjusted within 85 to 180 degrees for flexible light beams and multiple applications
- Deliver 30,000 lumens output and run up to 80,000 hours -> ultra-bright and durable
- No instructions included
To light up tennis courts, batting cages or big parking lots and farms, you surely need an ultra-bright dusk-to-dawn light. The GENPAR Shoebox Light will fit that need snugly.
It delivers 30,000 lumens output at 5700K daylight color temperature and is also the most economical 200W pole light which can save up to 80%-85% in monthly electricity bills. Aside from the high-efficient LEDs and IP65 waterproof rating, it resists to overheating issues to last much longer.
On average, this GENPAR can work consistently within 50,000 to 80,000 hours, up to 20 years.
The light is also flexible. You can adjust its light head 85 to 180 degrees for wider beam and this component is separate from the light, meaning that you easily set it up on your own.
|GENPAR 200W Shoebox LED Parking Lot Light Specifications|
High waterproof and dustproof
For decent brightness with guaranteed safety and durability, we highly recommend the GENPAR 200W Shoebox Light.
Best For Wet Locations: Maxxima LED Outdoor Wall Light
- Can resist temperature within 30°C to 45°C -> prominent weatherproofing ability
- ETL/CETL certificated for durability, safety, and performance
- It only provides 4’ of light, not ideal for big, tall walls
- The brackets aren’t standard
For wall lights, you don’t need something super-bright like the street lights or floodlights so 580lm output is a good start.
We’re talking about the Maxxima fully-integrated LED fixtures. Out of the box, it’s measured by 7.30" W X 11.00" H X 6.60"D and delivers 3000K warm white light with no needs of bulbs.
What impresses us the most is its working temperature range, which is within -30°C to 45°C, meaning that it still brightly shines in frost-bite weather conditions. Something that other dusk-to-dawn lights hardly do, especially solar fixtures.
If you prefer some technical information, it’s ETL/CETL certificated for superb durability, safety, and performance. We would say, this is one of the rare options out there that can be used in wet locations.
|Maxxima LED Outdoor Wall Light Specifications|
3000K Warm White
Temp Range -30°C to 45°C
Constructed with good weather-proofing and waterproof ability, the Maxxima LED Wall Lights make it the best contender for wet locations to use with more peace in mind.
Best For Garden: Cloudy Bay Outdoor Wall Lantern
- Feature 90lux output with a warm, romantic glow for both safety usage and aesthetics
- Decent construction of glass and metal to last better in harsh weather conditions
- The included screws are a bit short
- Short lifetime
With an emphasis on artistic design and the brightness range within 30 – 90 lux, the Cloudy Bay lights are ideal to add a warm, romantic glow to your garden at night.
That said, the brightness is equal to a 60W incandescent to ably light up a whole porch area for safety reasons.
The light is made with durability in mind. It features decent construction of glass and metal, including seeded glass panels and oil-rubbed bronze finish on steel.
The installation can’t be easier, depending on your “handyman” skills to take within 10 to 20 minutes and the best thing is all needed tools are included in the package.
|Cloudy Bay Outdoor Wall Lantern Specifications|
30 to 90lux
One medium-base 8W LED filament light bulb
Equals to 60W incandescent
With an emphasis on good brightness with romantic, retro feeling, the Cloudy Bay Outdoor Wall Lights is a great selection for both safety purposes and beauty added to any garden.
Best For Courtyard: CINOTON LED Wall Pack Light
- Energy-saving by 70% than other lightbulbs
- Give you multiple mounting options to suit for multiple applications
- The two tiny screws provided in the box are not very solid
Built with IP65 waterproofing rating and anti-corrosion die-casting aluminum, we would say this CINOTON LED light is solid housings, not what you normally expect from China junks.
Priced under $45 yet delivering 5000K daylight color, 3000lm output and especially, 70% energy-saving than the traditional lightbulbs, it is a great value for the money.
Think twice, it offers 50,000 hours of lifespan, equal to 14 years of daily use so you’ll save tons of money on fixture replacement.
The multiple setup options are another big bonus. You can choose between installing with or without the junction box, but either way, it’s all easy to do. While one light is bright enough for a whole yard, the two packs will shine any courtyard like daylight.
|CINOTON LED Wall Pack Light Specifications|
26W 3000 lm 5000
For those who are in need of the best dusk-to-dawn light for courtyards, you can count on these CINOTON LED lights.
How To Choose The Best Dusk To Dawn Lights?
- One of the crucial factors you should keep in mind before buying any solar disk light is budget.
- Although with the dusk-to-dawn bulbs, your monthly electricity bills will go down noticeably, you still need to keep an eye on the initial cost. Knowing your lighting needs and the light’s specifications will help a lot in this step.
- Normally, the price point of dusk-to-dawn lights is dependent on some features:
- Amount of brightness: 30,000-lumen lights are always costlier than the 500-lumen
- Brands, but take note that not all expensive brands will promise superior quality
- Longevity and certifications
- Out of the three factors that influence on one light’s pricing, brightness plays a major role. That’s why we do advise you to go for the most suitable lights for your needs, not the brightest ones.
- The brightness of bulbs is measured in lumens (or LM).
- And the brightness range is quite vast – basically within 500LM to 30,000LM, depending on specific needs. For example, if you need loud and bright lighting for large areas, like the parking lot, tennis court, and courtyard, 5000LM is a good start.
- But for security purposes or accent features, such as for landscape, patio, or wall mounting, you should choose a light within 500LM to 2500LM.
- When installing the lights, pay attention to these additional features:
- How much high is it recommended for?
- If it’s a pole light, how far should it be between poles?
- If one bead stops working, will the entire light become useless, too?
- As dusk-to-dawn lights are widely used outdoor, you should think about its waterproofing ability as well.
- At least, it should be waterproof to withstand rains to storms. If your living area commonly suffers from frost-bite temperature ranges during the winter or it’s super-hot in summer, pay attention to its temperature range.
- Aluminum alloy is highly recommended if you want it last longer because this material excels heat dissipation to avoid overheating efficiently.
Which Brands Make The Best Dusk To Dawn Lights?
- This is one of our favorite brands for wonderful floodlights, not only because of their products’ quality and durability but also the good warranty policies. If you don’t mind the brand name, this is a reliable affordable choice to go for.
- In contrast to ShineTech, LEPOWER is a big OG in the lighting product industry. They have a powerful R&D team, a huge factory, and professional service teams to ensure taking the best care for customers.
- One of the longest-standing manufacturers in this list, Amico was founded in 1974. They’re now having 6 facilities in both Canada and the US, occupying more than 400k square feet.
- Through founded later – in 2010, ALPHA quickly becomes one of the best manufacturers in the lighting product industry. Their secrets lie in the latest LED technology COB development in the time that LED demands boom noticeably.
Which solar lights are the brightest?
Spotlights and task lights. They commonly provide brightness equal to a 40W incandescent bulb and are used for security purposes.
How many lumens should solar dusk to dawn lights have?
It depends on the specific purpose of use.
For example, if it’s used as wall lights, the brightness should be at least 500lm.
But to shine a parking lot, tennis court, or street, it should be within 1000 to 30,000 lm. If you’re about to use it as a floodlight, 1500lm output is a good start.
How bright are 4500 lumens?
It’s equal to one 250W or four 60W incandescent lights to ably light up a yard or auditoriums at night.
How long should solar dusk to dawn lights last?
8 hours on a full charge, on average.
Do solar dusk to dawn lights get hot?
If it’s crafted from high-grade aluminum alloy, the heat will dissipate better, saving it from overheating.
More and more people choose dusk-to-dawn light bulbs to light up their outdoor space at night and we all know the reasons.
If you want to reduce lighting replacement costs and electricity bills, this is the best choice ever.
We hope the provided buying guide has helped you find out the best dusk-to-dawn lights out there. Thanks for reading!