If you have a small-sized garden and want to give it a perfectly manicured finish, there is no reason to go with a corded mower/trimmer/edger. But which is the best cordless lawn edgers that best fit for your requirements?
Check out our list to have an idea of which brand and model to go with!
Here are the best cordless lawn edgers you can buy in 2022:
- Best Overall: EGO Power+ EA0800 Lawn Edger
- Runner-Up: Ryobi P2300A ONE+ Cordless Edger
- Budget-Friendly: Greenworks String Trimmer/Edger 21342
- Most Lightweight: WORX WG163 PowerShare Cordless String Trimmer & Edger
- Best 2-In-1 Edger: BLACK+DECKER LST400 Trimmer and Edger
- Best 3-In-1 Edger: BLACK+DECKER MTC220
- Most Powerful 2-In-1 Edger: Greenworks Cordless String Trimmer/Edger 21302
|Top 7 Best Cordless Lawn Edgers For Home Garden|
|EGO Power+ EA0800 Lawn Edger|
|Ryobi P2300A ONE+ Cordless Edger|
|Greenworks String Trimmer/Edger 21342|
|WORX WG163 PowerShare Cordless String Trimmer & Edger|
Best 2-In-1 Edger
|BLACK+DECKER LST400 Trimmer and Edger|
Best 3-In-1 Edger
Most Powerful 2-In-1 Edger
|Greenworks Cordless String Trimmer/Edger 21302|
Best Overall: EGO Power+ EA0800 Lawn Edger
- Exclusively compatible with EGO Power+ Power Head PH1400
- Built to last for many years to come
- No fuss, noise & fume release
- Multi-tool device
- Easy to maneuver in tight spots
- Women might find it a bit heavy
Are you in search of an electric edger’s convenience – that saves you the hassle contending it with tangled extension cords whenever you want to do lawn edging? Then, the EGO Power+ EA0800 edger may be designed for you.
Powered by 56-Volt Lithium-ion battery - the first & most advanced one in the industry, this cordless edger from EGO Power+ gives you almost professional-class performance & quality in a multi-tool device for homeowners.
The biggest minus is that women might find it over weight for the expected household use.
Blade Cutting Depth
39 x 4.7 x 3.9 inches
Quick-adjust depth control wheel; aluminum alloy gear case and shield, water-resistant construction
The EA0800 from EGO Power+ delivers the highest quality, compatibility, and performance for precise lawn edging around your patio, sidewalks, and driveways.
Runner-Up: Ryobi P2300A ONE+ Cordless Edger
- Lightweight design for user convenience
- Front and rear wheel for added stability
- Overmold handle for added user comfort
- Come with a 3-year warranty
- Easy to use and affordable
- Expect to pay much for additional ONE+ batteries
- Quick-to-drain smaller-sized ONE+ batteries
What you will love most about this device by Ryobi is the adjustable blade cutting depth. You will have 4 options– up to 2 ¼ inches giving you greater flexibility over the way to sculpt your flowerbeds, walkways, driveway, and patio.
Moreover, the reversible 9” cutting blade ensures a much more smooth and precise overall cut.
One thing for sure, the Ryobi P2300A ONE+ Cordless Edger is well worth your investment. What you might not like, though, is the quick-to-drain smaller-sized ONE+ batteries and a new set of additional batteries and charger will set you back half the price of the lawn edger.
However, if you have your own other ONE+ tools and batteries, it is one of the most affordable units.
Blade Cutting Depth
Between 1” and 2 ¼”
34 x 12 x 8 inches
4-position depth adjustment
Those looking for a cordless electric trimmer or those already got ONE+ batteries handy cannot find a better choice than the Ryobi P2300A ONE+ 18-Volt Lithium-Ion Cordless Edger.
Budget Friendly: Greenworks String Trimmer/Edger 21342
- Powerful engine with quiet operation
- Up to 60 minutes of battery runtime
- Easy to use and maneuver
- Perfect for small-sized yards
- Not great for cutting overgrown grass
The Greenworks String Trimmer/Edger 21342 packs all the desired features of the most powerful unit for cutting and edging a small-sized yard.
This trimmer/edger comes with a 90-degree pivoting head and .065 single line auto feed for easy cutting/trimming in difficult-to-reach locations. And the blade and pole’s length can be adjustable according to your lawn’s size and thickness promising the dream-like straight borders any homeowners want.
Though the Greenworks String Trimmer/Edger 21342 makes short work of even the most challenging manicuring jobs, the only mission you cannot tackle with this unit is overgrown grass cutting.
24V 2.0 AH Battery
Blade Cutting Depth
30.3 x 9.2 x 6.7 inches
Zero carbon emissions, battery and charger included, electric start, and pivoting head allows for edging and trimming capability with edging wheel.
Greenworks String Trimmer/Edger 21342 is a good value for money helping you get the job done just right.
Most Lightweight: WORX WG163 PowerShare 12
- Ultra-lightweight design
- Ease of use
- Robust and comfortable
- 5-hour charging time
Rather than a one-trick pony, this solid-quality cordless device by WORX offers up edging, trimming, and even mowing capabilities for all-round neatness in your garden.
Though you might find the 5-hour charging time a little bit frustrating, the second battery and a reasonably priced enhanced charger included saves you this kind of hassle.
Aside from these two batteries, to combat negative comments about the short battery running time, WORX also patents the innovative Command Feed TM instant line feeding system which can work with just a button press – meaning less string inconvenience for you.
Rubberized wheels for enhanced durability & stability also come as a big plus without any added weight or messing.
20V cordless Max lithium power Battery
Blade Cutting Depth
36.3 x 7.5 x 5.5 inches
Dual-position wheels for grass trimming and edging, quick release lever, ultra-lightweight, ergonomic design, front handle, adjustable height, and mower head
WORX WG163 PowerShare 12" Cordless String Trimmer & Edger is one of the lightest units available perfect for a much larger yard where fatigue might become a concern.
Best 2-In-1 Edger: BLACK+DECKER LST400 Trimmer and Edger
- Able to convert from trimmer to wheeled edger
- Lightweight yet powerful
- Excellent cutting performance
- Not great for large-sized gardens
- Long battery charging time
This 2-in-1 electric trimmer and edger from Black + Decker is the most versatile unit out there.
It can be easily converted from an edger to a trimmer and maneuvered for trimming/edging around flower beds while tackling tough weeds and delivering an exceptional cutting action for your small garden.
Though the BLACK+DECKER LST400 is powerful, it takes a while to wait for these two long-lasting 2.0 Amp lithium batteries to be fully charged.
20V 4.0Ah Battery
Blade Cutting Depth
7.2 x 43 x 4.9 inches
Runtime Extension Technology with dual-mode accelerator switch, dual-mode switch in run-time mode, Power Drive Transmission for increased torque, 2-speed control, Automatic Feed Spool - EASYFEED
When it comes to the best cordless lawn edger in terms of affordability and power for all of your edging & trimming tasks, then the BLACK+DECKER LST400 is your best professional-grade tool.
Best 3-In-1 Edger: BLACK+DECKER MTC220
- Easily converts from mower to edger and trimmer
- Innovative design
- Convenient battery packs as a power source
- Short battery charging time
- Only intended for areas not larger than 1,200 square feet
The all-in-one edger, string trimmer, and lawn mower like the BLACK+DECKER MTC220 is the best bet for small yards or inclines with irregular terrain that are hard to mow with any basic models.
With the 14-inch blade width, you can get twice or three times as much life out of the blade to create the most precise edges around your properties before changing it. But it does not come handy when you have to deal with more extensive jobs on large properties 1,200 square feet.
20V MAX* Lithium Battery
Blade Cutting Depth
1.6 - 2.4 inches
15.25 x 40.5 x 7.38 in
AFS automatic feed system, 2 adjustable cutting height settings, Power Drive Transmission, adjustable height deck & trimmer and pivoting handle
For homeowners wanting to upkeep their small garden frequently without any weight and heavy smoke emissions hassle of a gas-powered unit, there is no better choice than the BLACK+DECKER MTC220.
Most Powerful 2-In-1 Edger: Greenworks Cordless String Trimmer/Edger 21302
- Lighter, portable, and reliable
- Easy to push button start
- Perform effectively
- Seamless to use
- A little bit heavier than a standard corded electric edger
The GreenWorks 21302 Cordless String Trimmer/Edger is among the top gardening buddies since it’s lightweight, easy to use, and portable yet powerful enough to tackle any trimming and manicuring jobs on small-sized properties.
With just a press of a start button, you can switch from an edger to a trimmer.
Though the Greenworks Cordless String Trimmer/Edger 21302 is a little bit heavier than any other corded electric edgers out there, the fact that the battery inserted into the handle counter’s top balances the motor weight at this unit’s bottom.
2.0 AH Battery
Blade Cutting Depth
60 x 14 x 45 in
Pivoting head for edging and trimming capability with edging wheel, Battery and Charger included
With one charge delivering commanding power, the Greenworks Cordless String Trimmer/Edger 21302 is, not surprisingly, the most powerful cordless lawn edgers out there.
How To Choose The Best Cordless Lawn Edger?
- An electric-powered pole single-wheel trimmer/edger can quickly and efficiently get the job on a small lawn done. Meanwhile, a battery- or gas-powered walk-behind multi-wheel unit works best on a medium or big-sized yard with plenty of areas to cover.
Blade Diameter & Cutting Depth
- It’s best to purchase a cordless lawn edge with a height adjustment mechanism allowing you to change the blade length or cutting depth to suit all situations. And for most cutting requirements, the one with a 7 to 9-inch blade and 2.5-inch cutting depth will suffice.
- Instead of purchasing a basic edger, you should go with a multi-functional unit like trimmer and edger combos that can work as two or even three devices at a time. With only a quick attachment change, it can operate as a basic edger, a line strimmer, and sometimes a trencher as well.
- This kind of edger especially comes in handy when you have to reshape your lawn & flower beds or to eliminate any long grass.
Who Makes The Best Cordless Lawn Edgers?
- Despite not being the richest-history company in the industry, Greenworks is proudly the leading one which is incredibly popular among landscaping professionals and DIY-consumers.
- With the application of the most advanced lithium-ion technology, it offers you a wide collection of battery-powered outdoor tools from compressors and drills to sweepers, trimmers, and edger for all your DIY projects.
- Founded in 1993, EGO POWER+ which is built on power, performance, durability, and value, is ranked #1 on the global market of the manufacturing business.
- All tools by EGO POWER+ are equipped with the industry-leading ARC Lithium™ battery technology helping you create and maintain the pristine shape of your lawn.
- This American brand of power tools, Black & Decker has a suitable device for all of your projects. Extend your reach for fast and effective garden clean-up.
Why should I edge my lawn?
- Give your lawn a cleaner, healthier, and lusher look while enhancing curb appeal
- Increase your landscape’s value without splurging
- Save you much trimming/edging time
- Show the obvious contrast between your property and your landscape’s remainder
When should you edge your lawn?
When your lawn grows over the edge lines, you have to do some edging to clean them up! During the early growth period in spring, the gradually increasing temperatures together with a high chance of rain will give your greens a growth spurt. During this quick growth period, trim and mow your lawn more regularly.
Is it better to mow or edge first?
Edge after mowing! So, you will not have to worry about messing up the clean edge when using a mower to ride over it.
Which is the best cordless lawn edgers that aids in enhancing the cutting process and delivers an overall optimal trimming performance for a picture-perfect manicured garden? Hope that can find the answer in our post above!